C4 Forums | Control4

SR250 problems resolved

Viperman

So I have 7 SR250s and only  one was working.  I sent 6 of them to a buddy of mine that was an Electronics repair tech in the Navy.  Anyway for the stupid part of this.  He said.  Hey were you using the batteries that were in the one, cause they were dead.  So I started checking.  I bought a case of batteries off of Amazon, and about every other battery was dead, even though they were new.  AWESOME.

So he got 3 working immediately.  I feel like an idiot.

Anyway he opened the other 3 up and had to do board repairs on them to get them working, but now all 6 are working. 

Would anyone be interested in a remote repair service like this?  I wouldn't make a dime off of this. 

1 minute ago, Matt Lowe said:

yes it is highly advised for sr250 remotes to buy name brand batteries it can make a night and day diffrirence. 

had a customer with costmor batteries and they died every three weeks. threw some energizers and lasted months.

I used this off brand name Duracell.

Make another purchase from Amazon - a MultiMeter.  I have bought tons of batteries from Amazon without issue - I normally just buy the Amazon Basics private label.  When new you should be getting about 1.6V out of alkaline AAs.

Archived