C4 Forums | Control4

Can VOIP Phone Run 4Sight/ Work As Door Station Receiver?

Getting ready to install voip handsets at our house and looking and the nice Unifi UVP Executive model. It has a nice 7" touchscreen with camera above. 

My question is, with the latest updates to C4 and the 4sight program - can I run 4Sight on these devices so that I may receive doorstation calls and allow people entry from these phones?

I don't want to have a large flat panel phone sitting next to a control 4 touchscreen. The whole thing seems redundant... and clear voice is important to us hence we aere moving toward voip.

Even wonder if these could be integrated as 'intercom' devices'.

unifi-voip-phone-exec-features-hdtouchscreen-2x.jpg

I am a huge Unifi fan when it comes to networking but these phones seem to have been delayed many times and have a bunch of issues - at least that this the impression that I get from the Unifi forums.  Have you tried them out yet?

All depends on how these unifi phones are setup and configured. Never worked with them before but if they are a closed system like the cameras, I can guarantee they won’t work with C4 intercom.

Grandstream and a few others have proven to work.  The easiest thing is to run a VoIP PBX.

Archived