C4 Forums | Control4

IP Camera (Hikvision)

Terry Gore

Question

I purchased a few HIKVISION IP Cameras under the premise there are working drivers.  I've purchased DS-2CD1131-I and DS-2CD2142FWD-IS (both of which are supposed to be supported) and can't get them to work.  While I can access the cameras with a browser connecting to the IP address, whenever I use the driver it fails to communicate to the camera.  It has the latest firmware and everything looks like it should work, but can't communicate.  The documentation also indicates it should be recognized via SDDP - but that doesn't seem to work either.  As the case with most Chinese products, customer support is non-existent.

At the end of the day I just need some inexpensive IP security cameras which work.  Any recommendations on getting these to work or other options?

10 answers to this question

Interestingly if I double click the Hikvision driver from the System Design panel I can see the video as expected but when I look at the Advanced Properties Tab I don't see any information populated (Camera Name, Firmware, etc.).  The "Driver Information" properties value also states "No response from camera on that IP Address".  When I execute anything from the "Actions" tab the Lua output states "Communications Error".

Interestingly if I double click the Hikvision driver from the System Design panel I can see the video as expected but when I look at the Advanced Properties Tab I don't see any information populated (Camera Name, Firmware, etc.).  The "Driver Information" properties value also states "No response from camera on that IP Address".  When I execute anything from the "Actions" tab the Lua output states "Communications Error".

I think the driver only works with USA cameras. I am not 100% sure.

What is the firmware version on your camera? With the new 5.5 firmware, the authentication is set to “digest”, you need to change it to "digest/basic". Check the driver documentation again and see if supports Chinese cameras.

In case it is not supported, just use the generic camera drive or the camera compatibility driver.

I have Chinese camera's and I have no issues.  Some I run through blue iris and some are direct.  I know I went to IP Cam Talk forum and got my settings in line with what blue iris needed and that probably helped c4 out.

It works from the users perspective, but from within composer it errors off all over and doesn't fill out all the properties correctly.  I can see the camera when I double click the device from within composer though - and I can also see the picture from the users perspective.  I can see all the cameras in brady bunch mode (multiple cameras) but when I try to enlarge any of them it says the resolution is too high.

On 2/8/2018 at 9:29 PM, msgreenf said:

I tend to use amcrest

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Which cameras and NVR do you use? Im thinking oar 8 channel. Also your driver says 720p for stream setup; is that different for the EA controllers?

On ‎2‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 9:03 PM, Terry Gore said:

I purchased a few HIKVISION IP Cameras under the premise there are working drivers.  I've purchased DS-2CD1131-I and DS-2CD2142FWD-IS (both of which are supposed to be supported) and can't get them to work.  While I can access the cameras with a browser connecting to the IP address, whenever I use the driver it fails to communicate to the camera.  It has the latest firmware and everything looks like it should work, but can't communicate.  The documentation also indicates it should be recognized via SDDP - but that doesn't seem to work either.  As the case with most Chinese products, customer support is non-existent.

At the end of the day I just need some inexpensive IP security cameras which work.  Any recommendations on getting these to work or other options?

This driver will allow Hikvision Cameras and full events, even when using an NVR.  It uses substream for the video feed, and allows camera channel selection.  There is a 21 day trial for ample time to ensure it works.

Archived