C4 Forums | Control4

Control UI - UPDATE OUT - 1.4

bravo! The update adds control over my concord system. I'm very happy.

tum

Post a screenshot of that! I've not yet had my security system integrated and would be interested in how it looks on the UI.....Of course, I'd have to swap my keypad out for the concord - not sure how tough that would be. Surely, I'd have to get a security company to do that for me since my dealer doesn't know how....

I installed the update and now my IP cameras are screwy. The thumbnails look fine on the "pick which camera" page but when I choose one the image quickly fills with grey and only the top portion shows. It tries to rewrite the image every few seconds but when it gets to about the same point each time (1/3 of the way down) it starts over, leaving the grey.

Used to work in 1.3 any suggestions?

IMG_0001.PNG

IMG_0002.PNG

Try completely uninstalling the Control UI app from the iPhone and then re-downloading it from the App store for free. This should not affect or require any dealer changes within Composer after the re-install of the iPhone app.

Brad's right, a fresh install usually fixes any problems you may be having. Here's the process we recommend:

1. Delete the app from your phone/touch (press and hold its icon until it shakes, then hit the X to delete it)

2. Power-cycle your device (press and hold the power button until you see the "Slide to power off" message)

3. After it turns off, press the power button for 2 seconds until it shows that it is powering back up

4. Download the app from the app store (you can do it right from your device by hitting the "App Store" icon and searching for "Control4". If you do it through iTunes sync, delete the app from your iTunes library before downloading it again.)

5. Open the app and connect to your Director

6. Download (click "Update") the project on the device and try using it again. The update can take several minutes, but you only have to do it once.

We have encountered a small number of problems that appear to be caused by the application not installing properly on the iPhone/Touch, and this always fixes problems caused by a bad install. If it doesn't fix the problem, please email us at bugs@controlui.com.

ControUISOB - thanks for participating here and congrats on the software---it's quite nice. Care to elaborate on any future updates to the software or what improvements you would like to see made?

thanks,

tum

Hello Rob,

Thanks for sending an email but for some reason I do not see it in our inbox. Feel free to email me or fill out our contact us form online at www.controlui.com with any questions.

In terms of rhapsody support we naturally can not discuss the prospect of having this, but have heard the requests for rhapsody support in the iphone application from yourself and others.

We hope you are enjoying the 1.4 version and its enhancements.

Archived