C4 Forums | Control4

Left and Right Tabs in Navigator: What's the best use for them?

C4Newbie

So I know there are 4 possible tabs to be created on the left and right side of Navigator but I'm not sure what the best use for them would be? I'd love to hear how other people have effectively used those tabs.

By the way, my C4 setup controls my house audio/ video, thermostats, pool, and alarm and it is a weekend house. I mention this because possibly configuring these tabs in some fasion that might turn house audio off, lights off, set all stats to a certain temp, might be very cool.

Also, can they be created in Composer HE or does my dealer do that?

Thanks,

C4 newbie

I had connected the Jandy via its interface to my media controller previously. First, my Jandy control board blew out and I was concerned that it was related to the c4 connection, but this may have been totally spurious. Next, I found that the info was not necessarily the same on the Jandy control and what was showing on c4.

Have you had any issues like either of these with your application?

I had 1.3.2, but have just upgraded to 1.7. I was also wondering whether a connection to a media controller vs. an H300 would make any difference and whether old vs. current software would impact functionality.

Anyone else have any observations on the Jandy interface to C4?

Unfortunately I can't be of much help since my C4 system was just first installed this past November and my pool was winterized at that point, so I have no experience controlling the heater / pump yet through C4. I can tell you in May when I open the pool... :)

Unfortunately I can't be of much help since my C4 system was just first installed this past November and my pool was winterized at that point, so I have no experience controlling the heater / pump yet through C4. I can tell you in May when I open the pool... :)

I'll be there to help you test it out :P

And as far as the blown Jandy board, I had that problem too. Jandy makes a surge protection card that they recommend adding if you're using 232 based control. Plus they recommend a surge suppression device on the HC-300 side as well, at the 232 port. I'm currently pondering whether it's worth trying again with the Jandy, or if I should just leave it off my system. The $400 to replace the 232 controller for the Jandy, plus another $400 for the surge suppression, is a bit more than I'm looking to spend right now :)

cost is a concern of mine when integrating my pool. what function will i gain? turn the pool lights on/off? can do that with a C4 switch. the pump is on a timer. i guess i could change the temp on the heat pump, but it's just as easy to walk outside and do it manually. i would really like see the temp of the pool on.

So anyone else have thoughts on the original post?

I created one tab called House A/V which has buttons to turn off each room. Often times I can hear that someone left a TV on elsewhere in the house and this to me is a quicker way to turn rooms off.

I have another tab called House Lights which is the similar to the above - quick buttons to turn off all lights in various rooms, turn on/off all indoor lamps, etc.

I have a Room Scenese tab for specific rooms which has buttons for various scenes.

• 3 weeks later...
Top/Left- Whole-House Control (Audio) Top/Right- Climate Control (zones)

Bottom/Left- Whole-House Sources Bottom/Right- Whole-House Lighting

What does Top/Right Climate Control (zones) do??? I'd love to be able to access all of my C4 thermostats from one screen somehow....

• 1 month later...
Top/Left- Whole-House Control (Audio) Top/Right- Climate Control (zones)

Bottom/Left- Whole-House Sources Bottom/Right- Whole-House Lighting

So does the whole-house Control (audio) bind all of the zones and then give you music options? Can you elaborate?

And as far as the blown Jandy board, I had that problem too. Jandy makes a surge protection card that they recommend adding if you're using 232 based control. Plus they recommend a surge suppression device on the HC-300 side as well, at the 232 port. I'm currently pondering whether it's worth trying again with the Jandy, or if I should just leave it off my system. The $400 to replace the 232 controller for the Jandy, plus another $400 for the surge suppression, is a bit more than I'm looking to spend right now :)

Is this what they suggest? Anyone ever us or install this? http://www.poolsupplyworld.com/automaticpool-controls/jdy-6908/

Archived