C4 Forums | Control4

AUDIO MATRIX OPTIONS

rf9000

Thanks guys. Forgive me for these questions. Just trying to look at all my options. On the same subject. I looking for some amplifiers to power these 24 zones. I really like the ATI-made Crestron CNAMPX amps. They are 60 watts per channel at 8 ohms and I have heard are rock solid amps. Only problem is that they don't have a trigger, so apparently stay on all the time? Is that bad or is there a simple lag free way around this? Also, looking at the Sonance Sonamp 1250. Has anyone had any experience with these? These are 50 Watts per channel at 8 ohms which is about the lowest I want to go as far as wattage. I think these have triggers. Or maybe are there some other suggestions?

my mistake i thought you were referring to the dsp sonance amps. Ive used episode and for multi room they arent bad but they also dont sound particularly good. The reliability of the new one compared to the ones ive used in the past might be better now but i cant speak to it. The gxr2 i think needs a niles controller to operate. you might want to check out audiocontrol amps. I think they offer a large in/output format

I'm not doing anywhere near 24 zones, but I'll likely be using the Triad AMS-8 paired with 1-2 Episode/SnapAV 12 channel amps (70W x 12ch).  The Triad just seems to be the easiest "plug and play" solution at this point.  If you are looking for the easiest/cheapest solution, I would consider getting an AMS24 and using the three amps that you already have.  If you are looking for new amps, the Episode amps can be found for a decent price and they are fully featured (with triggers, bus input/outputs, etc).

Using  Autonomic M800's matrix amps for 16 zones and LOVE them!  They work flawlessly with C4 as well.....and are expandable to 96 zones, with extensive zone linking capabilities. What I like best is that they don't all need to be in same rack or in rack with controller, so it makes distribution in large projects easier.  They just need to be on same network.   The built in doorbell chime relay is also nice with multiple versatile setup options.

Those look great but are $1200+ per amp and I would need four. I know that some people here don't like Dayton Audio, but it is tempting to try. Seems like the amp is built well. Anyone had any experience with Dayton MA1260? 60 watts per channel into 8 ohms:

MA1260 Multi-Zone 12 Channel Amplifier 60WPC

Quick Overview

The Dayton Audio MA1260 is a freestanding, twelve channel, Class-D amplifier designed for custom multi-room sound distribution. Its intelligently engineered and versatile design integrates easily into high-end whole house audio systems.

Product Highlights

• 12 channels (6 stereo zones) in one convenient enclosure
• Efficient Class D design delivers superior audiophile sound quality and performance
• Independent and bus inputs provides unparalleled flexibility
• Bridgeable channel outputs provide additional power when needed
• Independent channel gain controls allow the output of each speaker to be perfectly matched
• Can be converted easily between rack-mount and tabletop configurations
• Installer-friendly setup and connections

• 1 year later...

anyone have any issue with audio channels click on an off on the amp.  I am Apple TV going through a device to feed sound back out for use in rooms with only speakers.  Its hit or miss if my SONAMP 1250 actually clicks on.  Sometimes if going on after 30 minutes , stays on for 5 mins then clicks off.  It's like the sound signal isn't enough for the amp to detect that it should turn on.  Any thoughts?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.