C4 Forums | Control4

Camera not showing in Ipad/Iphone

I can no longer access 5 out of 6 camera feeds on my Ipad/iPhone.  The one camera I can see is the DS2.  All cameras are on blue iris.  If I connect via LTE on iPhone, I can see all of them. But when on wifi I cant.

All cameras show when accessed through navigators  on tvs, t3 and t2 touchscreens.  I looked in composer and all the cameras are basic authentication.  Everything has been working appropriately up until last week or so.  Anybody experiencing this?

ipad/iphone c4 app is the issue?  It works on the touch screens?

In blue Iris - have you tried to connect on your local wifi as well as mobile data/not local wifi?  See if you can see the cameras on and off your network using the BI app.

Yeah works on touch screens just not in the c4 app.  The iPhone on LTE can see the cameras in the c4 app, just not on wifi.

Ive never used the BI app.  Is it in the apple app store?

Just looked at the blue iris app on the iPhone and I can see the feeds on the wifi with that.

Also when I first click on cameras in the c4 app, the multi camera view is grabbing a thumbnail of the cameras, but then when I click on the thumbnail it goes to a black screen with the spinning wheel  and just sits there.

4 minutes ago, me23 said:

Don't see how it could be a BI config issue,  I haven't changed anything.  And they have been working fine for the last 2 years.

Don’t be so sure.  My BI went wonky.  I have 2 drives in my PC.  Out of nowhere it started to record to the other drive which was smaller and I started getting error messages.  Had to go back into BI and move the drive back to the original drive.  BI forum mentioned it happens sometimes with Windows updates and blames windows but no I enjoy has a sound reason as to why.  And my system was fine for about 2 years before this glitch popped up. 

17 hours ago, eggzlot said:

Don’t be so sure.  My BI went wonky.  I have 2 drives in my PC.  Out of nowhere it started to record to the other drive which was smaller and I started getting error messages.  Had to go back into BI and move the drive back to the original drive.  BI forum mentioned it happens sometimes with Windows updates and blames windows but no I enjoy has a sound reason as to why.  And my system was fine for about 2 years before this glitch popped up. 

Exactly!!  You must remember that BI is just software that runs on a PC.  PC will take precedence over any software that is loaded onto it.

Archived