C4 Forums | Control4

Leak detection

Anzir

I've searched the forums and this hasn't been discussed that much over the years... for those with leak detection or have installed it in customer homes, what would you recommend? It would have to be wireless as I don't have outlets under my sinks.

Only ones I've seen mentioned on the forums are from WallyHome, D-link (which requires an outlet but no hub), and Card Access.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, CFUG said:

Yes, but you can kiss integration with C4 goodbye.  I like the product though and for the simple reason that it comes with 1" connections.  OP, you should consider a "whole-house" approach.  

Not sure if there is a kiss goodbye. More like early relationship flirting with possibilities of more...

I use a Water Cop that is controlled via relay within C4
http://www.watercop.com/Purchase/tabid/57/CategoryID/1/List/1/Level/a/ProductID/1/Default.aspx?SortField=DateCreated%2cProductName

I do not use their water sensors, I use water sensors tied into my DSC alarm panel.  Others mentioned other types of wireless water sensors - wireless tag is via IFTTT and they have a moisture monitor.  and its wireless.  so could do something if it detects water then shut water cop.  the wireless tag can update in various intervals, so it may go quick on battery if you have it updating every second but every 15 seconds maybe?  depends on how much control you need for this application.  I have near instant communication between DSC > C4 > WaterCop.  

i use the old school card access contact sensors (as you can power them from the wall and with batteries at the same time, where batteries are for backup) and the GRI (george risk industries) products for water detection. have several installed in the house and they all work well.

Thanks everyone. You've given me some food for thought. One thing I worry about with these standalone options (e.g. Wallyhome) is whether they will be around in another 4 or 5 years.

3 hours ago, Anzir said:

Thanks everyone. You've given me some food for thought. One thing I worry about with these standalone options (e.g. Wallyhome) is whether they will be around in another 4 or 5 years.

Valid concern.  Beyond that, I looked at their shutoff valve it appears to be garbage.  Pilot is most likely made of plastic.  Any company that can't publish specs as to size and type of valve should be avoided.  Also, what do mean by "stand alone"?  Devices of this type are all meant to operate and alert on their own.  

Archived