C4 Forums | Control4

Director is unable to authenticate Composer HE

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is happening to me as well using HE version 2.10.2. I downloaded and installed patch back in May on the prior version of HE. Yesterday I downloaded HE ..2 and was fine last night and as recently as 6:30 this morning. Tonight I’m getting the message. 

Any thoughts?  Went to website and read that patch is required for 2.10.1 or earlier. Curious...

Yes, users can download the patch.  Go to your myC4 page and look for it under software.

I, however, just re-downloaded and ran patch and it still does not work. May just leave it till tomorrow and reboot EA-3 before trying again. 

Ok, didn’t see the other thread. Probably best if we stick to one thread per topic so that we don’t flood the forum. Someone will eventually address this, if not I will reach out to my dealer and see if he knows of anything. Have a great night. 

I'm running Composer HE 2.9.1, and have previously installed the patch (in May) but at about 6PM last night, I noticed that Composer is no longer working.  Given that it looks like downloading again, and/or reinstalling the patch do not seem to work, it seems that I'll need to wait until this is resolved.

Really bad timing, I'm expecting the Control4 tech in my home this AM, and I was not able to do any pre-work to get ready for his arrival.

This is annoying, and it's going to cost me money, due to some wasted time.

Same problem here. Server was patched to 2.10.2 a few weeks ago and until today I was able to log in with ComposerHE 2.10.2 without issue. Might be an HE specific issue as my dealer is (by sheer luck) on site today and can apparently log in fine.

Dean

I am having the same problem with HE 2.10.1 (patched) and 2.10.2.  Both worked as recently as Sunday.  My system is running 2.10.2.549842-res so of course HE 2.10.1 could not update all items but it could connect.  I can connect from all other interfaces, system tools, network tools, Control4 for PC (connects using SSL), etc. etc.

I do note that on cust.c4 that under software/licenses my HE entry lists Composer HE 1.3.  It may have always shown this but I thought I would note that anomaly.  Composer ME connects fine with SSL.  Issue appears to be only with Composer HE.

Something has changed as we are all having the same problem...

HELP!

Archived