C4 Forums | Control4

QMotion Shades

Hello,

I have a Job that has some QMotion Shades. From What I can see there is no Hub, They just have remotes. (See attached pictures)

How Can i use these shades with Control4? Are these Zigbee Shades? 

Capture.JPG.6d6fbe7dee125ffbe0ae440fc442f75b.JPGCapture1.JPG.1cb9be5740fe63b6483bb663ab6ea858.JPG

Qmotion have various different models and options when you order the blinds. From what I can remember the zigbee was a separate option. What you can do is ring Qmotion give them the serial number of the blinds and they’ll be able to tell you

• 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, C4Jedi said:

qmotions reviews are the WORST! 2 stars...

I've heard the Zigbee version has problems, but I haven't experienced any problems with the QConnect shades (battery powered) I have installed in my house. 

I have the latest Qmotion Zigbee that are hardwired for power only.

They have been reliable for over a year now.

Just need to keep them on battery backup so they do not lose power and in turn lose upper / lower limit settings.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/18/2018 at 10:09 PM, C4Jedi said:

How long is the battery life?

We have and the Gen 2 shades for about 2 years.  The larger one - about 8 ft wide by 10 ft tall - the battery just died and had to be replaced.   we open and close the shades atleast twice daily.   I am very happy with battery life.

I have the Qconnect and was trying to figure out how to install it,  It has to be connected thru RS-232 cable.  I think you would have to modify the cable to work correctly.  I have not gotten that far yet.

Archived