C4 Forums | Control4

Help with Region Restriction for Pandora and iHeart Radio

Amr

Hello everyone,

Need some help with a trick or a work around for Pandora and iHeart Radio on Control4! I use a Smart DNS which works perfectly house-wide on all devices except for Control4! For Pandora I can log in normally but it says Country Code is Restricted, also iHeart Radio doesn't allow to login and says restricted in your country! Amazon and Dezzer works perfectly, I don't have Spotifiy Premium!

Am obviously outside us and running HC800 with the latest and greatest 2.10.4.

Cheers,

Amr

14 hours ago, Amr said:

Hello everyone,

Need some help with a trick or a work around for Pandora and iHeart Radio on Control4! I use a Smart DNS which works perfectly house-wide on all devices except for Control4! For Pandora I can log in normally but it says Country Code is Restricted, also iHeart Radio doesn't allow to login and says restricted in your country! Amazon and Dezzer works perfectly, I don't have Spotifiy Premium!

Am obviously outside us and running HC800 with the latest and greatest 2.10.4.

Cheers,

Amr

I can't say for sure but I would think a full VPN solution like offered by your current Smart DNS service should work (says they are supported)?

https://www.smartdnsproxy.com/

https://www.smartdnsproxy.com/Services

20 hours ago, Amr said:

Smart DND proxy is the VPN provider I use, so I believe there is a setting in Control4 forces the Region code ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

your location is set at the beginning of your project but i would be very surprised if the driver was passing along that information and overriding your VPN/DNS service but i suppose it is possible if they are working fine as other regions on your other devices using the same service?

you will need composer HE (Home Edition) to look or change it, see page 7 and 8

https://www.control4.com/docs/product/composer-he/user-guide/latest/composer-he-user-guide-rev-s.pdf

Maybe there is a setting in the driver itself i suppose? sorry the only one i am currently using is tunein so I can not check the ones you mentioned.

I'm pretty sure the locale in your project needs to be set to a US city in order for the pandora driver to work even if you have a VPN

Ok, I changed to US location, rebooted the controller but iHeart did not work, I didn’t tried Pandora yet, I will try and see if this has any effect.

Ok, IHeartRadio is not working whatever I do, It maybe an issue with VPN provider as the issues with web interface not IOS or Android app!? Pandora works but u have to change LAT/Long to a US city and never change it to your actual location! U don’t have to be in US time zone thought!

Anyways, no Pandora or iHeartRadio for me!

• 2 years later...
On 12/3/2020 at 1:38 AM, Ashkan said:

Hey @Amr, have you ever ended up getting Pandora working? same boat as you in Canada :)

Yes, I use a US address in the project and I have a house wide Smart DNS service that tricks these services into getting it to work, so I have all working now.

The problems of putting a US address it will miss up any kind of scheduling and temperature reading will be not related, nothing else will matter

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.