C4 Forums | Control4

C4 Controler not working with SkyQ after network change

Hi All, Sky was down most of yesterday and today i had to go into the sky connection setup and mess about with the ip address to get it to reconnect. Stupidly i did not make a note of the manual ip that the skyq was set to. I now lost all  sky functionality on my control4 remote. Everything else works fine. Just can use the remote any more for sky. Nit of a pain as the original skyq remote does not work from the lounge location as the sky box is in a rack in the next room. Could it be that it has something to do with the fact that the ip address of the sky box changed? If so, any ideas on how to find out what the ip was set to in the first place? Checked router logs but they dont go into such details.

Any advice would be appreciated.

1 hour ago, deadsquirrel said:

Thanks guys. I have contacted my dealer and he told me the IP that the remote is looking for and i set the skyq box to that IP and its all working perfectly again. Slowly learning.

I would look into logging into your router and set up a DHCP reservation to keep its IP address locked at the right one

Archived