C4 Forums | Control4

Wattbox 700 IPV 12 No internet LED

pinkoos

The manual only states three statuses for the Internet LED - green, flashing green and red.

Mine is out completely - does anyone know what that means?

Also I'm guessing the unavailable options on my OvrC Home app are related (see attached)?

20A24124-0E5C-4EBB-9592-58FCE0A8B0D4.jpeg

If it is properly connected to the network, and your network port is dead, then its possibly a bad unit (if not a firmware issue).  I just recently had to RMA one for this same reason...also the only power ports that were lit up were the non-controlled ones.  Mind you, this was for an older 600 model.

I believe it's connected properly - the cat5e is plugged into the network port and it's flashing green

I also have a 2nd Wattbox lower down in the rack and all of it's LEDs are properly lit up

To be clear, it's the "Internet" LED light that is not on - it should either be solid green or flashing green or solid red; mine is off completely

18 hours ago, chopedogg88 said:

If it is properly connected to the network, and your network port is dead, then its possibly a bad unit (if not a firmware issue).  I just recently had to RMA one for this same reason...also the only power ports that were lit up were the non-controlled ones.  Mind you, this was for an older 600 model.

Those had issues and snap extended the warranty and give 12 port wattboxes on the spot when you call them

4 hours ago, pinkoos said:

A reboot of the Wattbox (pulling the plug) got the internet LED back to a solid green and the OvrC Home app back to all functions being available.

Still a little concerned though why or how the Wattbox dropped off the network.

One of those things you'll have to watch and just keep your fingers crossed. Hate those. 

Archived