C4 Forums | Control4

Key pad programming - light status not changing

Hi folks,

I have a weird issue which should be simple but can't seem to resolve. Insight appreciated!

I have a KD-120 programmable keypad. The button in question is set as programmable with the LED behavior also programmable. I have an event so that when an advanced lighting scene becomes active it should set the 'Lights' key LED to a specific colour that matches the activated lighting scene (the event that fires when the button is pushed determines which lighting scene is activated). Issue is, when the lighting scene is active (confirmed in the agent directly) this does not take effect. It's stuck in a previously set colour.

I have reviewed all events in the detective suite and there are no loops or events firing that would be overriding this to show the colour that is displayed (green), and the on colour default is white (off = black)!

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Alex.

you can also just program off when the scene is invoked. you will need to program when the toggle is invoked as well. but this typically works better. Connecting the lighting scene with bindings is the best way but can only be done with pro unfortunately.

On 1/5/2019 at 7:14 PM, ajburnet said:

Hmm - looks like its not tracking lighting scenes correctly - it thinks multiple lighting scenes (with different load levels) are active at the same time - no doubt causing the issue!

Multiple scenes could in fact be active at the same time, depending on their settings. Look at the scenes themselves, are all loads tracked? are they tracked at scene final level?

Tracked at final level, with each scene having different levels.

Some of the lighting loads are using the Mi Casa Verde zwave (which support advanced lighting tracking) but looks like some of the zwave pucks aren't polling with the zwave controller correctly (zwave controller bug!), so not reporting status correctly. 

Will try implementing a different way - thanks!

Definitely true in my case as the zwave pucks / controller appear to have a bug in secure mode where they don't respond well. 

Have implemented without advanced scenes (LED light status was based on lighting scene activation status) and works for now - although not as 'smart'!

Thanks!

Archived