C4 Forums | Control4

A/V matrix switch

MSI

ILoveC4

This is a great idea, I cant count the times my wife has yelled accross the house when I change the channel in the livingroom when she is watching her shows in the bedroom. I have composerHE but I am new to programming, where would you start. The room? the Swithcer, the source? Any help would be great.

Todd

It's not that tough. You start at the room level and set-up an IF statement for state change for video source for that room. Establish a number VAR if you have several devices- 1 for DVR1, 2 for DVR2, etc.. Lets say you are in room1 and wifey is in room2. When you select a video device in room 1 it will check the VAR for it's state (in room2) and if it is a match with your condition set when you changed video state some announcemnt will come down for you in room 1 indicating DVR1 is in use in room 2 for example. It can go back the other way but in my house whatever the Mrs. wants she gets.

ILoveC4

This is a great idea' date=' I cant count the times my wife has yelled accross the house when I change the channel in the livingroom when she is watching her shows in the bedroom. I have composerHE but I am new to programming, where would you start. The room? the Swithcer, the source? Any help would be great.

Todd[/quote']

It's not that tough. You start at the room level and set-up an IF statement for state change for video source for that room. Establish a number VAR if you have several devices- 1 for DVR1, 2 for DVR2, etc.. Lets say you are in room1 and wifey is in room2. When you select a video device in room 1 it will check the VAR for it's state (in room2) and if it is a match with your condition set when you changed video state some announcemnt will come down for you in room 1 indicating DVR1 is in use in room 2 for example. It can go back the other way but in my house whatever the Mrs. wants she gets.

Finally got it to work, the wife loves it. Thanks IloveC4 and Controlfouruserguy for your help.

• 2 weeks later...

When I look at ZONES, it shows me which room is using which cable box (I have 3 called A,B,C). The zones display will show that Den is using cable A, Masterbedroom is using cable b, etc. I have shown this to my family and that way they check the ZONE display to see which boxes are being watched.

Is my setup unusual in that I have the cable boxes showing up under ZONE? I was surprised that no one else mentioned it in this thread.

Archived