C4 Forums | Control4

When I turn on the TV using the remote, the On Screen Display doesn't show up. I need to press the Control4 Button on the remote in order to display the OSD. If i try to program the TV to display the menu when it turns on, it will display the TV built-in menu, but not Control4 OSD. Is there a way to automatically display the Control4 OSD when the TV turns on? 

Surely this is what the red 'C4' button is for. The only other way to turn the TV on with the remote is to select something from the 'Watch' list which of course will go directly to whichever source you have chosen to watch and bypasses having to select it from the OSD.

You could configure the Watch button on the SR60 to do nothing and then in programming when pressed it would go to the OD instead. That kind of defeats the purpose of having shortcuts to all your spruces in the Watch list on the SR260 though does it not?

The 'Watch TV'  will select the TV as the active source, for example when using the TV's built in VHF/UHF, Satellite or Cable tuners to watch broadcast television. You can also use this source selection when using the streaming apps built into the TV, such as Netflix, Amazon Prime etc. You can define what the default input it goes to when you select it as a source in the TV driver's properties page, for example here in the UK where we have a VHF/UHF national broadcast system I set the default input on the TV's driver to be Antenna In.

As stated earlier the red C4 button is the one specifically for turning on the TV and going straight to the OSD. Any items in the Watch list on the SR260 are designed to completely bypass the OSD and go directly to whichever video source you want, just as you do when you select from the Watch list in the OSD.

Are you a dealer and have you been on the required Certified Technician training course?

This is similar to problem I have since I upgraded my leaf video matrix. I used to be able to select watch list then Sony TV. But the screen would stay on the previous source like cable or Kodi. This would slow me to adjust tv properties like brightness, etc and see how it affects the picture of the current source. Now if I select the tv source the screen goes blank. Pretty useless to make picture adjustments against a black screen. Anyone know way around this?

18 minutes ago, me23 said:

This is similar to problem I have since I upgraded my leaf video matrix. I used to be able to select watch list then Sony TV. But the screen would stay on the previous source like cable or Kodi. This would slow me to adjust tv properties like brightness, etc and see how it affects the picture of the current source. Now if I select the tv source the screen goes blank. Pretty useless to make picture adjustments against a black screen. Anyone know way around this?

just simply programming to save the matrix outputs and then reapply those on tv selection. quirk of control4 not easily over come.

Archived