C4 Forums | Control4

Custom Finished Bezels/Switches Anyone?

I am releasing custom printed bezels for the 8 button LCD, MTS, and 7" in-wall touch screen in wood grain (and burl wood), brushed aluminum, and carbon fiber. However I am trying to gather feedback from people as to what they would like to see. We will also make the same finishes available on the dimmers/switches once Control4 starts shipping them (without the dimmer/switch itself) sometime next month.

Here are my questions:

1. What type of wood grains would you like to see?

2. What are finishes that you would like to see (carbon fiber, diamond plate, marble, bubbly/artistic, etc).

3. We are trying to hit a price point of $20-$25 each, based on you sending us your existing bezel (upon receipt of the new one). Is a custom bezel worth it to you at that price point?

4. This pricing includes us stocking high volumes of most finishes, so you would have them within 2-5 days of order receipt (the order would be entered via a web site).

I have been dying for an option other than white, black, or almond since I put my system in and we just finished testing a method that should work great, but want all of your feedback before proceeding.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

I'm not much on the custom stuff myself, but it seems to me that $20-$25 / unit seems a bit steep.

There have been others who have tried to offer this sort of thing, including some dealers who made full metal MTS faceplates and spin wheels, but there's never been enough interest to really make a go of it, that I've seen.

RyanE

Thank you for all the feedback, much appreciated. We'll look at the pricing and see what we can do to get it down to the $18 range.

These would not be a stick-on solution. They would be an automotive grade process similar to the brushed aluminum, chrome, and wood grain present on many car dashboards that would be applied to the actual bezel. They are fingernail proof and look great, I'll post some pictures once we get our next round of samples.

And just out of curiosity, glass? What, then paint the backside so it is mirrored? Obviously no one would want to see the inner workings of a touch screen...

It appears none of you guys are "tuners". Nobody does "stick-ons" anymore... The carbon fiber treatment is ususally done to perfection as no car lover would settle for less. A typical dash goes for hundreds of dollars.

It appears none of you guys are "tuners". Nobody does "stick-ons" anymore... The carbon fiber treatment is ususally done to perfection as no car lover would settle for less. A typical dash goes for hundreds of dollars.

Not a "tuner", but a "Sport Trucker". :cool:

Dang. I drive a 1990 Nissan SRB*, but other than missing an air intake grille, the drivers' side sun screen, and a few other assorted parts, it's stock.

Maybe that's why I think $20-$25 is too much... Wrong audience.

:)

RyanE

* SRB = Squeaky Rust Bucket.

My buddie tells me those wheels cost as much as my C4 system. He said you need a 'sclade front-end on that (or he thought you had one- i couldn't print the whole pic and had to chop the front off). We'll get you some pics of his trucks.

My buddie tells me those wheels cost as much as my C4 system. He said you need a 'sclade front-end on that (or he thought you had one- i couldn't print the whole pic and had to chop the front off). We'll get you some pics of his trucks.

The Escalade / Denali front is the same except for the emblem and the chrome trim ring. That's a '99 Denali grille.

And yeah, those Intro wheels aren't cheap, but you can't beat the shine of polished billet aluminum.

Now if we had polished billet aluminum c4 faceplates... that would be cool! I do have access to a machine shop...

My 8 year project... drove her to work today :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v181/thecodeman/My%20truck/th_IMG_1897.jpg

For what it's worth, I too would also like to see these bezels. Always being asked about colors other than White, Black or Almond.

Hey codeman, right on!! I'm a truck nut. I'd love to have a laid out ride. What have you done to it so far? It's obviously bagged'... Any crazy plans for it?

Archived