C4 Forums | Control4

AppleTV sound thru C4 Amps

Need some help here. Trying to get AppleTV sound and Video to go through Onkyo receiver and then as “zone2” to my HDMI switch to go to the other rooms. And can run audio cable to C4 amp to get sound out of ceiling speakers. In theory this should work? Doesn’t seem to be working but not sure I got all my room connections right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doable but complicated. 

AV path setter driver is a must

you should do it the other way and feed your AVR from the matrix, otherwise you get into “dual matrix” paths within C4 logic

youll need a device to strip the audio from HDMI off Apple TV. 

Your onkyo AVR will not likely breakdown the digital audio from HDMI and output via “zone 2 preout”

Good luck!

19 hours ago, Captain2107 said:

Ok. That’s what is wrong as it not converting the sound signal down to analog. What about an HDMI to Analog converter? Would that be able to separate the sound out to analog?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That should work. Just note that some converters will only give you stereo signal.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.