C4 Forums | Control4

Slingbox / Control4 Integration by CytexOne

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can have access to your entire automation system, video sources, audio, control etc remotely. Imagine going to a hotel room and watching a movie on your server at home!

Looking at your approach, this assumes that the HC-300 is tied to the matrix as well, doesn't it? IE, you're not in a "1-room/1-controller" situation. Any thoughts on how you'd do this integration if you are using 1 controller per room?

Or am I missing something?

I will ask the same question that was asked upthread and doesn't appear to have been answered.

For getting a slingbox solely for this purpose, is there any benefit to having the SlingBoxHD over the Solo?

So, if this is used for just GUI display/control, then it wtill seems like the Solo will do fine. I agree with reviewers, I can't see myself playing HD "The Incredibles" at a Holiday Inn Express...

We have only tested it with the HD version. I would definitely recommend it, as it works perfectly. I'm not sure how well a non HD unit would work, additionally everything is going HD so to buy something without it may not be the smartest investment for you or your client. HD cable feeds work perfect and look great, to limit the solution to save a couple of hundred bucks may not go over well in time to come.

Dan

Ok... this is very cool. I did all the physical connections over the weekend and my dealer created the rooms and bindings this morning. Everything works fine when I'm accessing my Slingbox from a PC. But when I access from my iPhone, how do I pull up the Control4 menu? There's no '4' button on the iPhone remote. Is this supposed to be programmed to a different key?

Thanks.

Pop a Neothings balun on the output of the switch to convert it back to component. Its actually kinda cool that you could run CAT5 from your switch down to the Slingbox in the rack.

So is everyone completely satified with Sling on C4? Kinda quiet in this thread. One thing's for sure, the cicle of power screen looks terrible most of time. What throughput is actually needed for a clean screen??

I haven't tried it yet, I have been waiting for some reviews.

While I was really excited about it initially, I haven't beena able to convince myself to spend the time and money. I can't really think of when/how I would use it as I don't have a desire to be able to do all this away from home.

Archived