C4 Forums | Control4

Slingbox / Control4 Integration by CytexOne

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I setup a Slingbox at my house last night. The screencaps that CytexOne has of the setup aren't accurate anymore, it has all changed....but is very self explanatory.

When I got to device setup Control4 was not listed as a manufacturer in the drop down list, but a quick search for "Control4" got it setup and running quickly.

I would recommend it so far, but I haven't had too much time to play with it.

I was just watching TV from my office, and checking on some things. I am going to go in and create some custom buttons/pages for the Slingbox Room, and also program the colored/watch/listen buttons. Once I get that done I think it will be really slick.

I am going to set it up so that if I press the red button it shoots me a text message and lets me know what video sources are in use. That way I don't accidentally hi-jack whatever my family is doing. I'm still thinking through the best way to do that, but I will detail it on the blog when I get it done.

^ I'd tend to agree with this. They're going to be an IP licensing firm. They have no interest in end user customers. They've actually just pulled their Sling catcher product recently which was targeted at in home distribution.

And their customer service s*cks, and there's no hope on the horizon for that to change. It's been broken sense Dish took them over.

This said, I have a Sling Pro I'm considering putting up for sale as I don't really use it enough.

Like I said, I got it in place of a TV for my office, being I have way more than enough monitor space.

Maybe it's just because it's new, but I really like it. I'm actually watching Quantom of Solace via Slingbox (EVA9150 at home) here at my office...LOVE IT!

Besides, Dish now includes it in their hardware.

I called Dish ( I have had them for two years now ) about the new ViP 922 SlingLoaded DVR to see about an upgrade on our VIP 722 DVR... Was told it would be a $200 deposit and $15 a month for DVR usage.

The $200 deposit, I ask the person on the phone do I get that back when I return the ViP 922?

I was told "NO".

I then asked, " So why do they call it a deposit for if you don't get it back? "

She told me I was right, she doesn't know why they call it a deposit for either? If you don't believe me give them a call...

So, if I'm going to shell out $200 plus $15 a month, I might as well go buy one Sling Box HD for $300...

I've got to get me another balun. I've been wanting to hook it up for awhile but my matrix is cat5.

I'd certainly recommend it...as was mentioned earlier the WOW factor is cool. I should be a salesman for them...about 15 people at my office want one after watching me mess with it today. If only they knew what the total ticket would be...:o

^ I'd tend to agree with this. They're going to be an IP licensing firm. They have no interest in end user customers. They've actually just pulled their Sling catcher product recently which was targeted at in home distribution.

And their customer service s*cks, and there's no hope on the horizon for that to change. It's been broken sense Dish took them over.

This said, I have a Sling Pro I'm considering putting up for sale as I don't really use it enough.

I'll join you in placing mine on Craigslist. Waste of space in (make that on since they discontinued the uber-expensive rack mount version) rack considering the future of place-shifting.

Archived