C4 Forums | Control4

Slingbox / Control4 Integration by CytexOne

Right, it is not a necessity purchase. There are ways to get 4Sight to trigger the non-obvious. I actually use Sling/Cytexone 'round the house everyday. I save on power watching the Weather Channel gals on a laptop vs. a 102" PJ :)

Seriously Dan, is the WATCH/LISTEN active on this thing or did my dealer pimp me?

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got mine working. It is very cool and works great on a computer. The Watch/Listen buttons need to be mapped using Composer.

Has anyone tried it on an iPhone ? I am trying to get the OSG to come up. On a computer you press the red C4 button to show the OSG.

How do you get the C4 remote to show up on a iPhone. On a PC the C4 remote can be toggled next to the window.

There are custom buttons on the iPhone slingbox remote menu. Is it possible to program one of the custom buttons to make the OSG show up ? What code would you enter to make the OSG show.

Just got mine working. It is very cool and works great on a computer. The Watch/Listen buttons need to be mapped using Composer.

Has anyone tried it on an iPhone ? I am trying to get the OSG to come up. On a computer you press the red C4 button to show the OSG.

How do you get the C4 remote to show up on a iPhone. On a PC the C4 remote can be toggled next to the window.

There are custom buttons on the iPhone slingbox remote menu. Is it possible to program one of the custom buttons to make the OSG show up ? What code would you enter to make the OSG show.

I'm looking for an answer to this question as well.

Attached is the section for custom programming the 6 buttons. The programming can be done with ComposerHE.

The sample code is for the red button. I am not exactly sure what needs to be programmed for the watch button.

^Yes, I saw this and so did my dealer. So, if you actually think about what happens when you push the WATCH on an SR-250, what pops-up? A list, right? Where on the circle of power is this list suppose to pop-up? Nowhere, right? So, where is the instruction code for WATCH and LISTEN? The above example stops short of this. It only covers the colered buttons. This is my point.

^Yes, I saw this and so did my dealer. So, if you actually think about what happens when you push the WATCH on an SR-250, what pops-up? A list, right? Where on the circle of power is this list suppose to pop-up? Nowhere, right? So, where is the instruction code for WATCH and LISTEN? The above example stops short of this. It only covers the colered buttons. This is my point.

Slingbox can only send IR commands to the Control4 Controler (HC300). There is no way to exactly duplicate the commands of the SR-250 onscreen display. You could program theIR code for Wacth button to select TV and Listen button to select Radio, however there is no way to have a pop-up list on the circle of power. The C4 Onscreen navigator does not support this.

^Yes' date=' I saw this and so did my dealer. So, if you actually think about what happens when you push the WATCH on an SR-250, what pops-up? A list, right? Where on the circle of power is this list suppose to pop-up? Nowhere, right? So, where is the instruction code for WATCH and LISTEN? The above example stops short of this. It only covers the colered buttons. This is my point.[/quote']

Slingbox can only send IR commands to the Control4 Controler (HC300). There is no way to exactly duplicate the commands of the SR-250 onscreen display. You could program theIR code for Wacth button to select TV and Listen button to select Radio, however there is no way to have a pop-up list on the circle of power. The C4 Onscreen navigator does not support this.

Yes, and to further that, you can change the programming of the Watch and Listen buttons to either give you a list *on the remote's LCD* of available devices, or, choose the last-used item in that category.

^Yes, I know but this does not relate specifically to the Slingbox. So, for anyone else is confused over the Cytexone instructions for WATCH/LISTEN, it is available for PRE-PROGRAMMED pathways only. No picklist action for this function. So, when you're in India trying to hit your rack in Indiana, you better have mapped to the source you want and not some other source.

^Yes, I know but this does not relate specifically to the Slingbox. So, for anyone else is confused over the Cytexone instructions for WATCH/LISTEN, it is available for PRE-PROGRAMMED pathways only. No picklist action for this function. So, when you're in India trying to hit your rack in Indiana, you better have mapped to the source you want and not some other source.

Correct, they are pre-programmed short cuts. You could create a variable that could cycle through your video sources everytime the Watch button is pressed. Another variable to cycle through audio sources for the Listen button. This would be easy to program.

Remember, you can select the red C4 button to access the navigator and select any source you want from the circle of power.

Yes, CofP is really the primary way of getting to things but not necessarily the quickest when your connection throughput is low. Also, I have noticed, during these times, that the "halo" (highlight for function) will disappear. So, CofP is useless until you fiddle to get it back. In my opinion, this whole thing's success is hanging mostly on network health. 4Sight is not handicapped as much. I'll keep 4Sight around.

Thanks Dan.

Suggestion for the Watch/Listen button on the Sling remote:

Since there is no way to make a pick list when using the Watch/Listen button on the Sling remote (similar to the SR250), could you just hard code the software to loop thru the available video (and audio) sources ? Each press of the button would select the next available source.

Dan (or any one else) :)...

A couple of guys on this forum have flipped things completely around and come at using the C4/Slingbox integration for direct control of Control4 via networked PC's/MAC within a LAN. In other words an entirely NEW use for your application!

What I think they are suggesting is to basically "sling" the control4 interface onto LAN networked computers. In other words use this solution to overcome the lack of a browser based or direct C4 software controller.

I'd buy a sling box and your solution straight away: for this use alone if this was the case! This is the sort of control C4 has been lacking!

I've seen your video of the remote slingbox controlled C4 GUI

I have a couple of questions.

1/ When running on a LAN...is the response any faster?

2/ I assume you have to control C4 via your little ready made C4 "universal remote" that runs on the side of the screen, or can you actually click straight on the "slinged" C4 "circle of power" GUI? (I hope this makes sense!). If not can I set things up so just the "universal remote" appears on the computer?

3/ Is there a limit to how many PC's/MACs on the LAN using the one slingbox?

4/ How do you actually physically set up the slingbox to a HC200/300 without an A/V matrix? For my purpose...just throwing up the C4 GUI onto my LAN, Why do you have to run it through a A/V matrix? I don't have one of these...

5/ I'm a Sonos fanatic...and your solution just might be the answer to my prayers...I could run a couple of Leopard "Spaces" on each of my MAC's...eg one space for running your slingbox/C4. Another Space running Sonos desktop controller. Another running an IP webcam feed....correct??

Any chance of getting a bit of functioning into the "macro's" of your sling button controls? eg tweeking things a bit so say pushing the "music" button on your C4 sling (if you get my drift) actually switches the mouse to the Sonos controller?:D

You could hook up a 200 or 300 component output and sling it over the LAN. The response will be quicker, but still kinda slow due to the IR control going on. I think it's one computer at a time for sling. You have to use the navigation controls to pick out stuff on the circle of power.

You could hook up a 200 or 300 component output and sling it over the LAN. The response will be quicker, but still kinda slow due to the IR control going on. I think it's one computer at a time for sling. You have to use the navigation controls to pick out stuff on the circle of power.

Ok. Thanks. Understood...except the multiple computers on LAN with one slingbox. I'll check this out on their website....I sure hope this works though!

You guys have done a great job with this app...

Any chance of putting together what are some obviously terrific minds and getting Sonos control into the C4 platform?:P Both systems run UPnP..

I'd actually PAY handsomely for this ;)

Ok.

The Slingboxpro has component loopthrough. This would be useful.

Looks like you can't sling to multiple computers on a LAN at once. But as long as you have a copy of slingplayer on each networked device, I don't see why you couldn't access one slingbox at different times from different computers on the LAN..

Could a proficient "slinger" confirm this functionality? :)

Ok.

The Slingboxpro has component loopthrough. This would be useful.

Looks like you can't sling to multiple computers on a LAN at once. But as long as you have a copy of slingplayer on each networked device, I don't see why you couldn't access one slingbox at different times from different computers on the LAN..

Could a proficient "slinger" confirm this functionality? :)

Yes, it is true- you cannot log into the Sling from multiple-simultaneous connections.

But, one thing that is possible is that simultaneous control from either Sling or local seems to be working OK. I thought I read it wasn't suppose to work.

One thing I would recommend is getting another thread going for Sling operational issues. This thread is more for getting up & running. I for one have "issues" with this Sling deal and would like to talk to others on that level. AS2, thanks for that link to RC- makes me feel real good about being a C4 proponent. Did I mention that I have at least three AMX/Crestron dealers in my hood? They love coming to my place to get a few barbs in...

I've started to set this up, but don't think my Control4 HTC1B firmware 1.7.2 has the IR input capability (at least for masking) or I've done the C4 programming wrong. Will it only work with a HC-200, 300, 500 or 1000? It would be nice if this was stated in the CytexOne instructions.

Archived