C4 Forums | Control4

Slingbox / Control4 Integration by CytexOne

Hello Everyone!

We have spent months working directly with Sling Media to create an interface between Control4 and Slingbox. We are all pretty excited about how well it functions.

Here is a teaser video. The driver will be released to everyone shortly available within the SlingBox Setup Utility.

Dan

CytexOne

-----EDIT-------

The Driver has been released into the Wild

Here is a link to instructions

http://wiki.cytexone.com/display/pubdocs/SlingBox+Control4+Integration

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats Dan and everyone at CytexOne.

Just so I make sure I understand this...

The HC300 (or whatever controller you're using) is connected to the Slingbox via a component or composite cable?

You can now use the SlingPlayer software on your Windows, Mac or mobile device to view the HC300 interface and use the onscreen remote to control the HC300?

Is that it or am I missing something? Why not use Composer on your PC? Or is it primarily about watching video on your PC?

To have this work seemlessly, you must have an AV Matrix Switch installed in your project, with all of your sources hooked up to it.

So if I understand this right I will need to hook the slingbox up to my matrix switch as an input AND output, correct?

I don't have the slingbox yet, but it looks like I will be getting one now.

To have this work seemlessly' date=' you must have an AV Matrix Switch installed in your project, with all of your sources hooked up to it.[/quote']

So if I understand this right I will need to hook the slingbox up to my matrix switch as an input AND output, correct?

No, you would just need 1 Output from your matrix into the Slingbox. That way all of your sources are available to the Sling.

To have this work seemlessly' date=' you must have an AV Matrix Switch installed in your project, with all of your sources hooked up to it.[/quote']

No, you would just need 1 Output from your matrix into the Slingbox. That way all of your sources are available to the Sling.

Yeah you dont watch the sling locally. It's for "place-shifting" your content, meaning it takes your video sources and makes them available remotely using your Internet connection.

Hi Everyone

This is going to be an absolutely free driver available directly through the slingbox. We originally worked with another company and built a "hacked" slingbox driver which just did not cut it for us to deliver to our clients. This utilizes the IR IN feature on the systems. Many of our clients want access to their entire CytexOne / Control4 systems from anywhere. So after many many months of back and forth with Sling Media, even going to their office near Houston Street this is what was created.

Really glad everyone is psyched about it like we are. During the process what made it a bit easier was knowing that so many people would benefit from this it was really a worthwhile project. I definitely wish this was an easier process to have it made, but am very happy it's near the finish line. There are a couple of minor tweaks that need to be done with it by sling's developers, and then it's going to be "released to the wild" by sling media. As soon as we know the exact release date we will let everyone know.

A few of us in the office have been testing it for a couple of weeks and it totally takes automation systems to the next level.

Just so everybody knows we have some pretty amazing announcements that are coming in the very near future that can directly benefit you. Definitely be excited :)

Dan

Totally C4. Where does this put 4Sight? Any issues over joint control of something say if someone were home trying to access same source. Or, does this take on the form of another "room"?

• 1 month later...

Archived