C4 Forums | Control4

Wifi / Ethernet cannot connect at the same time

Dear all,

Hope everyone is doing well. I just purchased a new home where the owner has left an existing C4 controller and system (Curtains, music, security, thermostat). All equipment has been left behind.

I have managed to get everything set up using an ethernet connection to the router. However, I can't seem to connect both wifi and ethernet at the same time. When I connect the wifi, the ethernet disconnects and the devices stop working. Could it be because of an IP issue as I use two different routers (one for ethernet, and one for wifi)? This is because the coaxial cable is located in a different cupboard and cannot be linked physically via an ethernet cable.

Might anyone have any solutions? Unfortunately I live in central london, so calling someone for help would cost between £200 to £400...

Thanks very much.

G

im pretty sure you cant connect wifi and ethernet at the same time, especially to two different networks. I'm guessing you've got a virgin router? you can put this in to bridge mode and feed it in to the WAN port of your other router so all your devices are on the same network. what is the other router in your system? not all dealers in London are that expensive, pm me if you want me to hook you up with a good dealer.

Get a mocha adapter to get a connection back from your router to the main wired head end. Having 2 routers on the system is definitely a problem since the wired devices cannot see the wired and Visa versa. Also 2 dhcp servers running simultaneously is a problem because they are confusing the hardwired devices

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.