C4 Forums | Control4

Garage door open/closed status

pkkaiser

My installer wired the two garage doors directly with relays over cat5 from the overhead doors to my EA5. SO I can open and close the garage doors via C4. But, we don't know if the doors are open or closed. I noticed that I have these which should be able to tell status but I think they are part of the security system (see pictures) which is also integrated into C4 (Elk M1 Gold). Any way to use the sensors to connect with C4 to be able to tell the system if the garage doors are open or closed and program off of it (eg. close doors if they are open at night).IMG_ABAFAE3D5145-1.thumb.jpeg.3bcae8fa41dfd2063e0eefc06bfb5ee5.jpeg

IMG_0003.JPG

The contact sensors are updated via the ELK security panel. So the panel is not showing the correct information or the contact needs to be inverted. the first screen shot in the security panel i would check to see if the icon to the right changes when the door opens and closes. if it does not that means the panel is not setup correct or the sensor might have a dead battery.

Icon changes correctly when garage door closes (as in it disappears). I can add a generic garage door sensor and bind the contact sensor to the same Elk zone and that correctly shows sensor state, but the programming is ugly. Was wondering if there was an easier way using the above driver.

Just now, anon2828 said:

MyQ garage door openers support what the current status is.  What we need is a MyQ driver that works with Control4.  I'm unaware that one exists.

there is a driver. but due to the API limitations it can be slow to update status. the best is to get the driver for control. and use contact sensors for the door state. or if your crafty wire and extra controller into a relay for controller.

Just now, pkkaiser said:

Matt your statement made me think the driver may have been messed up. Deleted and but another one in and rebound. Works!! Duh...sometimes the easiest solutions works the best. Thanks

also make sure you are using the new experience button one as there are new options and HD graphics

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.