C4 Forums | Control4

Impending Control4 iOS app update?

pinkoos

Hi all, iOS 13 did cause some problems for the 2.10.x version of the Control4 app.  As many of you have seen, iOS 13.1 fixed the problem with the missing icons but other issues remain.  The development team has fixed those issues and we have submitted a new version of the app for beta review.  Once the app has been approved for beta testing I will post a download link in this thread.

Thanks for everyone's patience

Well, it took much longer than expected but the updated 2.10 app finally made it through the beta approval process.  You can access the beta version of the 2.10 app by clicking the link below and following the instructions to download TestFlight and install the app.  This version specifically addresses UI problems when rotating the app.  If there are other problems, please feel free to send me a PM, post here, or give feedback via TestFlight.

Thanks everyone

https://testflight.apple.com/join/EtAiX35m

14 hours ago, jakblak said:

Well, it took much longer than expected but the updated 2.10 app finally made it through the beta approval process.  You can access the beta version of the 2.10 app by clicking the link below and following the instructions to download TestFlight and install the app.  This version specifically addresses UI problems when rotating the app.  If there are other problems, please feel free to send me a PM, post here, or give feedback via TestFlight.

Thanks everyone

Definitely appreciate these updates. I was worried the 2.10 app would be forgotten. The bugs I noticed is the Listen app icon not showing, the app not readjusting from Portrait, to Landscape, to Portrait again. And if you set the passcode on the App and lock it with TouchID, after a day or so when you go to the app it insta-crashes. Deleting the app and re-adding the system without setting a passcode with TouchID fixes the issue. So I've just left the passcode off for now.

44 minutes ago, EverAction said:

Definitely appreciate these updates. I was worried the 2.10 app would be forgotten. The bugs I noticed is the Listen app icon not showing, the app not readjusting from Portrait, to Landscape, to Portrait again. And if you set the passcode on the App and lock it with TouchID, after a day or so when you go to the app it insta-crashes. Deleting the app and re-adding the system without setting a passcode with TouchID fixes the issue. So I've just left the passcode off for now.

Hi @EverAction, thanks for the feedback.  The bug with some of the icons missing is actually a bug in iOS that is fixed in 13.1.  In regards to the passcode/TouchID crash, I'll get my team on it and we'll get another build out and I'll post it here

1 hour ago, jakblak said:

Hi @EverAction, thanks for the feedback.  The bug with some of the icons missing is actually a bug in iOS that is fixed in 13.1.  In regards to the passcode/TouchID crash, I'll get my team on it and we'll get another build out and I'll post it here

Amazing! And if you need any feedback/testing feel free to lmk. Really appreciate you guys not forgetting about OS2. :)

1 hour ago, jakblak said:

Since we have your ear, any way to get my remote working again with TvOS 13 and OS 2.0/Director 2.9? 😉

39 minutes ago, pinkoos said:

Since we have your ear, any way to get my remote working again with TvOS 13 and OS 2.0/Director 2.9? 😉

It's unfortunately not up to Control4. Apple released the specs to make certified drivers. C4 is just working within their realm and had put out warnings that the old IP driver might stop working after they released the bridge driver. And TvOS13 made that true. This is totally on Apple.

Just hook up an IR and use the free driver that's been floating around and you'll never have to worry about this again.

8 minutes ago, EverAction said:

It's unfortunately not up to Control4. Apple released the specs to make certified drivers. C4 is just working within their realm and had put out warnings that the old IP driver might stop working after they released the bridge driver. And TvOS13 made that true. This is totally on Apple.

Just hook up an IR and use the free driver that's been floating around and you'll never have to worry about this again.

I know, I was actually directing my ask to @jakblak, but I appreciate the explanation

If you've been following the other thread about tvOS 13 and my Apple TVs, you'll see that adding the IRs will not be a simple (or cheap) feat for my current setup, unfortunately

49 minutes ago, pinkoos said:

Hi @pinkoos, unfortunately @EverAction is correct here.  We were not informed by Apple ahead of time that they would be making changes that would prevent the old IP driver from working :(.  You could of course always use the IR driver or if that's not feasible because of having to run IR buds or other reasons, there is the officially supported IP driver.

I know, I was actually directing my ask to [mention=124342]jakblak[/mention], but I appreciate the explanation
If you've been following the other thread about tvOS 13 and my Apple TVs, you'll see that adding the IRs will not be a simple (or cheap) feat for my current setup, unfortunately
That doesn't mean control4 has a better option. They do actually. Upgrade to os 3. Or just upgrade to an ea on 2.10.x. Now you will say that is not cheap or easy either. Don't disagree but only so many options

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, pinkoos said:

I know, I was actually directing my ask to @jakblak, but I appreciate the explanation

Yeah I just saw it, that's a bummer. Maybe talk to your dealer about this see if he'll give you a break since its an extenuating circumstance. If connecting the IR is easy (a local connection not off of an extension) that you can do it, maybe convince them to send the IR to you so you can place it. Then they can remote in and make the changes while saving a truck roll.

4 minutes ago, jakblak said:

Hi @pinkoos, unfortunately @EverAction is correct here.  We were not informed by Apple ahead of time that they would be making changes that would prevent the old IP driver from working :(.  You could of course always use the IR driver or if that's not feasible because of having to run IR buds or other reasons, there is the officially supported IP driver.

Appreciate the response

My current OS is not compatible with the official IP driver and I can't upgrade my current OS unless I buy an EA controller

Am considering other options too

Thanks

3 minutes ago, EverAction said:

Yeah I just saw it, that's a bummer. Maybe talk to your dealer about this see if he'll give you a break since its an extenuating circumstance. If connecting the IR is easy (a local connection not off of an extension) that you can do it, maybe convince them to send the IR to you so you can place it. Then they can remote in and make the changes while saving a truck roll.

Good suggestions, thank you

6 hours ago, EverAction said:

A new version of the 2.10 beta app is out and it has the fix for crashing at startup when using biometrics (TouchID/FaceID).  If you've already downloaded TestFlight you'll be notified of the new build, if not, then you can use this following link (it's the same one from my previous post).

3 minutes ago, jakblak said:

A new version of the 2.10 beta app is out and it has the fix for crashing at startup when using biometrics (TouchID/FaceID).  If you've already downloaded TestFlight you'll be notified of the new build, if not, then you can use this following link (it's the same one from my previous post).

This is fantastic! I will load it up shortly and report if I run into problems.

Hi All,

I am using Control4 App 2.10.10.11

Since upgrading to IOS 13.x.x I cannot connect to my C4 system via the WAN. I get the below error. If I roll back to IOS 12.4.1 the App connects to my C4 system

C4 Support don't seem to know how to fix this.  Has anyone else experienced this problem? and is there a solution?.  The App works on the LAN.

many thanks

Capture.JPG

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.