C4 Forums | Control4

Timer Agent

Time2Jet

I’m hoping for some help learning to program with the timer agent. At this point, very simple stuff. I’ve been trying to no avail.

Two scenarios involving bathroom exhaust fans and lights. (I’ll eventually do occupancy sensing for that lighting). Switches are all Caseta.

I started by creating a timer (10 mins) in Agents Tab. Then in the Programming tab I start at the device, 1. when turned “on”,

2. add the timer,

3. add the “If” statement timer expires,

4. then finish with turn off.

I just found that to be logical. No good. Switch turns on and back off in 5 seconds.

I know I can do a delay, but I want to do this with the timer agent for reasons involving some ideas I have and want to be more fluent.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Turning on the fan starts the timer. To turn off the fan, you put that under the programming for when the timer expires. 

Thanks @ILoveC4

I’m starting in Programming and at the device. If I click on the device there are three boxes below to check. I check When device is “on”, then go to the set up 10 min timer and drag it in. Then over to the right tree and select the device again and add the if statement (when timer expires) drag it in followed by dragging in the “off” command? And ...nope. No good. Manually turn fan on and it goes off in 5 secs.

Maybe I should take a picture tomorrow.

First of all, the third line shouldn’t be there at all. Second of all, anything under a conditional needs to be nested. The way you have it now, the conditional of “If timer is expired” isn’t influencing the turning off of the fan. 

To turn the fan off, you won’t do it here. You’ll do it under the programming for the timer event. When the timer expires, turn the fan off. 

First of all, the third line shouldn’t be there at all. Second of all, anything under a conditional needs to be nested. The way you have it now, the conditional of “If timer is expired” isn’t influencing the turning off of the fan. 

To turn the fan off, you won’t do it here. You’ll do it under the programming for the timer event. When the timer expires, turn the fan off. 

Perfect. Got it. It works! Thanks@ILoveC4

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.