C4 Forums | Control4

Custom Button not appearing in specific room?

g8rfn2

I have a custom button i want to access from the master bedroom. No matter what i do, i cannot get the button to show on the Master Bedroom screen in OS3? I'm not out of buttons... and I have tested it's function in various other rooms and it works fine? Any ideas? 

1 hour ago, South Africa C4 user said:

You could try deleting the custom button Agent and adding it back... but I suspect that you will then need to redo any programming you have on custom buttons... if you try this, I’d strongly recommend doing a project back up first!

Tried that last night. I had only a couple other buttons so I was fine wiping them out. But, it didn't fix the issue though. 😞

All I did was "remove it" and then add it back. I'm assuming that's all u can do, yes? 

3 hours ago, g8rfn2 said:

Tried that last night. I had only a couple other buttons so I was fine wiping them out. But, it didn't fix the issue though. 😞

All I did was "remove it" and then add it back. I'm assuming that's all u can do, yes? 

That’s all I can think of.  What does your dealer say?

I would say the room itself has something going on.
Re-doing a room may be the quickest way.
Any special programming in that room?
Could create a new “Master Bedroom”, then duplicate all of the room bindings. Test the new room after a navigator refresh. Then add the button to the new room.

Happy Automating!!

1 hour ago, msgreenf said:

the issue was they weren't favorited to that room - the custom button agent was/is working fine.  All we had to do was select the C4 button in the upper left to be able to favorite the custom button to the room

That's caught me out too - Was just about to suggest this!   

If a button is missing from a room, check that it hasn't been "Un-Favorited" first!!!!!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.