C4 Forums | Control4

Dual Load Wireless Dimmer Issue

Bit of a strange one here with the light sensor on a dual load dimmer (square UK version). It is located in a bedroom so the led's are set to turn off in a dark room, however for some reason the led's decide to turn on when they feel like it. It can be in the middle of the night and pitch black and the led's will turn on to full brightness yet I have no idea why. I also have two wireless keypads in the same room which work no problem and the led's only turn on when there is light in the room. Control4 have replaced the switch but that has not solved the issue.

Any ideas how to resolve or has anyone come across this before?

Thanks

So I am testing it another dual load dimmer in a different room and I am getting the same issue.

I have set the led's and backlight to be off in a dark room and I have put some electrical tape over the sensor so there is no light going through. Randomly the led's will just turn on and when looking in composer HE it is reading the light level at 255! Then the led's will turn off after a while. It is impossible to be reading any light because I have tape over the sensor.

It's frustrating because the dual load dimmer which caused the issue is in a bedroom and the led's will just turn on at a random time in the middle of the night and with them being so bright it wakes me up. I have two wireless keypads in the same room which have no issues so it is only the dual loads which seem to have this issue...

I am stumped.

So here is a photo of the dual load dimmer where you can see the LEDs are on even though there is electrical tape over the sensor. (Excuse the labels, engraved buttons haven’t arrived yet)

I have also included a screenshot of the LED graph. What’s concerning is it shows current ambient at a maximum of 255 yet the electrical tape lets 0 light in. 

1CA9E271-D577-4933-80B1-4A781CAB250E.jpeg

C6CF751A-E472-4FC9-92C4-A9E90EBC8D6F.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.