C4 Forums | Control4

SAMSUNG FRAME TV - QE65LS03R

Hi, 

We have the following TV - When we select IP control - It shows in Composer SDDP 

When he double clicks on the Driver is says Driver unavailable no driver in data base- Can we use another Driver ?

He as start to create a IR driver but said the it will be basic and we will not be able to have mini Apps 

Any help please he will be leaving in about 2 hours - So No rush !!

Gary can you let me know how he gets on with that? 

If i HAVE to integrate Samsung's I only do via IR or 232 only due to the many.... many... issues we have with European versions. 

I did a frame last week using RS232. The driver I had included art on and art off, but I had to program these against the TV power state. The driver also had netflix commands but they did not work and after a little digging I found the TV App commands values are different over here for some reason so I ended up making a macro key press sequence based on the smart hub. 

IP control for me flatly doesn't work well at all and as you can see I still have issues with even serial. And on the rare occasion it does work, you have lonnnnnnnnnnnnggg delay after power off command before wol works again.  

I need sony to bring out a Frame equivalent TV like yesterday.  

42 minutes ago, 3D - Benn said:

Gary can you let me know how he gets on with that? 

If i HAVE to integrate Samsung's I only do via IR or 232 only due to the many.... many... issues we have with European versions. 

I did a frame last week using RS232. The driver I had included art on and art off, but I had to program these against the TV power state. The driver also had netflix commands but they did not work and after a little digging I found the TV App commands values are different over here for some reason so I ended up making a macro key press sequence based on the smart hub. 

IP control for me flatly doesn't work well at all and as you can see I still have issues with even serial. And on the rare occasion it does work, you have lonnnnnnnnnnnnggg delay after power off command before wol works again.  

I need sony to bring out a Frame equivalent TV like yesterday.  

Benn, 

He ran the ir bug and got it going with a basic driver. 
he then added the driver sonic sent and changed all the connections 

Also added Netflix/YouTube/ amazon mini drivers 

done a quick test and it’s working fine ~ had a issue with the art work but just changed that to art mode (without app) and that’s working too

i had already paired up sky remote and Sonos before they arrived And turn off hdmi Cec 

fingers crossed nothing goes wrong over the weekend 

Benn, 
He ran the ir bug and got it going with a basic driver. 
he then added the driver sonic sent and changed all the connections 
Also added Netflix/YouTube/ amazon mini drivers 
done a quick test and it’s working fine ~ had a issue with the art work but just changed that to art mode (without app) and that’s working too
i had already paired up sky remote and Sonos before they arrived And turn off hdmi Cec 

fingers crossed nothing goes wrong over the weekend 

Does cec/ anynet need to
Be on for ARC. We are battling with. Denon avr-x-3500h to get audio from a brand new 2019 tv into the amp as client want Netflix and YouTube

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...
On 11/29/2019 at 8:15 AM, Gary Leeds UK said:

Hi, 

We have the following TV - When we select IP control - It shows in Composer SDDP 

When he double clicks on the Driver is says Driver unavailable no driver in data base- Can we use another Driver ?

He as start to create a IR driver but said the it will be basic and we will not be able to have mini Apps 

Any help please he will be leaving in about 2 hours - So No rush !!

Hi, Gary, I’m thinking of getting a Frame for our Master bedroom. How has it worked out for you?  Any tips for someone thinking about getting one?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.