C4 Forums | Control4

SnapAV has MoIP transmitters and receivers with layer 2 switches. Could we replace the total functionality of AV Matrix devices with MoIP transmitters & receivers, for multi-room video?

https://www.snapav.com/shop/en/snapav/SearchDisplay?storeId=10151&catalogId=10010&langId=-1&pageSize=20&beginIndex=0&searchSource=Q&sType=SimpleSearch&resultCatEntryType=2&showResultsPage=true&pageView=detailed&searchTerm=moip

Yes, funnily enough that is exactly what they are designed to do. Virtually unlimited scalability and non fixed format matrix configurations too. 

I personally use the Blustream Multicast solution instead but there are many IP solutions out there, many of them very good indeed. 

20 minutes ago, Crustyloafer said:

Yes, funnily enough that is exactly what they are designed to do. Virtually unlimited scalability and non fixed format matrix configurations too. 

I personally use the Blustream Multicast solution instead but there are many IP solutions out there, many of them very good indeed. 

Good News ! 😁

Thanks @Crustyloafer

2 hours ago, Crustyloafer said:

I personally use the Blustream Multicast solution instead

Can I ask why you use this rather than JAP or VS? 
 Reason I ask is because I’m looking to upgrade my matrix in the not too distant future and I’m thinking video over ip is definitely the correct way to go to try and future proof my system. 
 As your based in the uk I would love to know your experiences. 

Not personally used JAP or VS, but I understand that JAP is very popular. We almost exclusively use Blustream kit for all our HDBaseT needs and other HDMI kit and it has proven very reliable and so it was only natural we try out their video over IP solution.

What I particularly like about the Blustream multicast solution is that it does not rely on VLANs at all, is super simple to configure and install and has proven large scale reliability and robustness, it  was used for all the video broadcasting transmission feeds between studios at the  2018 winter olympics, with some runs between transmitter and receiver over fibre being 10s of km long. Another great case study for it here: 

• 1 month later...

How do these MoIP systems differ from the VS system?  I guess one way is that they seem to be able to encode all audio streams where I believe that the VS encoders can only do stereo.  And they use proprietary receivers whereas VS now prefers to use AndroidTV devices.

26 minutes ago, zaphod said:

How do these MoIP systems differ from the VS system?  I guess one way is that they seem to be able to encode all audio streams where I believe that the VS encoders can only do stereo.  And they use proprietary receivers whereas VS now prefers to use AndroidTV devices.

original VTX 100 had digital audio outputs available.  Newer Shineco models do not but there is one in testing that rumor has may have digital/dolby audio support.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.