C4 Forums | Control4

Keep TV on briefly after executing ROOM OFF

pinkoos

Hi

Is there a way for the TV to stay on briefly so that one can confirm that other commands in the ROOM OFF script have run prior to the TV turning off?

From what my dealer told me, it is NOT possible. He said that the commands that run in the ROOM OFF script (including the turning off of the TV) don't necessarily run in the same order every time. I'm not sure if I understood correctly what he was telling me, but the gist of it was that the commands don't have to run in the same order each time the ROOM OFF command is sent.

Thanks

Hi
Is there a way for the TV to stay on briefly so that one can confirm that other commands in the ROOM OFF script have run prior to the TV turning off?
From what my dealer told me, it is NOT possible. He said that the commands that run in the ROOM OFF script (including the turning off of the TV) don't necessarily run in the same order every time. I'm not sure if I understood correctly what he was telling me, but the gist of it was that the commands don't have to run in the same order each time the ROOM OFF command is sent.
Thanks

It’s not editable. It does turn things off the same way each time though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, Cyknight said:

Well.....

No way in PROGRAMMING to do so.

IF the driver has an option for it (for serial/IP drivers) or if it's an IR driver you CAN change the driver to wait for x amount of seconds before sending the turn off commands.

I was going to post the same thing, because I've had to draw on this way of doing things.  But it touches on a question that has perplexed me.

My system was originally set up in my Theater Room to allow the JVC RS400 Projector to delay its turn off.  The reason is that turning off other AV devices in the room resulted in an HDMI handshake, which in that JVC model could take 15 to 20 seconds.  Because of this, if the Off command (IR in my case) was sent while the handshake was occurring, the Projector wasn't in a state where it could respond.

So in the JVC IR Driver, the option to "Use on/off macros" for Power management was selected, and an 'Off Macro' was created with a 30 second Delay before the 'Power Off' Command was issued.  It worked fine.

I recently upgraded to the JVC NX7 Projector, but kept the same IR Driver, as most functions are still the same.  But now, despite having the same 'Off Macro', with the Delay included as before, when I issue the 'Room Off' command, the Projector turns off almost immediately.

Now this isn't a problem as such, as this is the way I want the system to perform.  But I can't understand why the delay isn't being implemented, and I don't like when something is happening that I can't understand.  If anyone has any ideas, I'd be interested.

4 hours ago, Don Cohen said:

I was going to post the same thing, because I've had to draw on this way of doing things.  But it touches on a question that has perplexed me.

My system was originally set up in my Theater Room to allow the JVC RS400 Projector to delay its turn off.  The reason is that turning off other AV devices in the room resulted in an HDMI handshake, which in that JVC model could take 15 to 20 seconds.  Because of this, if the Off command (IR in my case) was sent while the handshake was occurring, the Projector wasn't in a state where it could respond.

So in the JVC IR Driver, the option to "Use on/off macros" for Power management was selected, and an 'Off Macro' was created with a 30 second Delay before the 'Power Off' Command was issued.  It worked fine.

I recently upgraded to the JVC NX7 Projector, but kept the same IR Driver, as most functions are still the same.  But now, despite having the same 'Off Macro', with the Delay included as before, when I issue the 'Room Off' command, the Projector turns off almost immediately.

Now this isn't a problem as such, as this is the way I want the system to perform.  But I can't understand why the delay isn't being implemented, and I don't like when something is happening that I can't understand.  If anyone has any ideas, I'd be interested.

Did you keep the driver in there, or was it replaced with a new driver (ie reloaded) - if so that might have re-set the macro vs the edited driver.

Alternatively, could also be that HDMI control is active turning off the projector

3 hours ago, Cyknight said:

Did you keep the driver in there, or was it replaced with a new driver (ie reloaded) - if so that might have re-set the macro vs the edited driver.

Alternatively, could also be that HDMI control is active turning off the projector

Thanks for the reply and ideas.

The same driver was kept in place, not replaced or reloaded, so as far as the driver 'knew' the same projector was in place.

I don't think that CEC is enabled on any of the devices, but that is a good thought.  I'll need to double-check on that, since I'm not 100% sure.

ETA: I checked the AVR, and as I recalled, HDMI Control is set to 'Off.'  There is no HDMI control on the JVC Projector.

The mystery continues (but fortunately, the Projector turns off as desired)....

1 hour ago, Cyknight said:

Are you sure? That'd be news to me...

I had the RS400 for 3 1/2 years before the NX7, and didn't recall ever seeing any reference to CEC, HDMI Control, etc.  In AVR's, certainly, but it is turned off there.

But I went through the entire manual, including looking at every use of the term HDMI, earlier today, and found nothing.  I just did it again, but still don't see any reference to anything along the lines of HDMI control.

I mean, I totally understand what you're suggesting, and it does make sense.  But if there's any reference to this in the Manual, or settings that utilize this, I can't find them.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.