C4 Forums | Control4

Programming - way to limit “watch” access??

We have a 5 year old that likes to sneak out and watch tv. We have tried hiding the remotes but eventually forget a remote here or there and bam kiddo up in middle of night 🙈

Is there any way program to limit access to watch scene during specific times or create a code that grants access to watch scene? 

You can use the access agent and various timers and events to create this.

For example if the tv is turned on at a certain time to start a timer and the end of the timer turn the room off

And if room is turned on at a given time to turn it off immediately if the allowed tv time has been reached

That’s just very simple it would require a lot more variables to be put in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, grant0830 said:

We have a 5 year old that likes to sneak out and watch tv. We have tried hiding the remotes but eventually forget a remote here or there and bam kiddo up in middle of night 🙈

Is there any way program to limit access to watch scene during specific times or create a code that grants access to watch scene? 

Get a tplink in wall plug (so it's flush) and turn the power to the tv off at night. Can def program to not allow watch I would think. 

4 hours ago, grant0830 said:

Ive programmed this for my teenagers, so they cant watch tv from 3 to 5 with the intention they do homework. Between those hours, when they turn the tv on, it will turn the room off. I've set up a variable, so it wont activate if a pro d day or a day off. When I'm back on my computer, I'll post some screenshots

9 hours ago, Tokead said:

Ive programmed this for my teenagers, so they cant watch tv from 3 to 5 with the intention they do homework. Between those hours, when they turn the tv on, it will turn the room off. I've set up a variable, so it wont activate if a pro d day or a day off. When I'm back on my computer, I'll post some screenshots

Awesome!! Thank you!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.