C4 Forums | Control4

Watching TV while listening to music with MoIP in same zone

With the setup included in the link below, I was able to listen to music while watching TV. If i'm not listening to music, I would basically hear the audio signal of the video source.

https://ibb.co/RNMK2Nv

Will I be able accomplish the same requirement by replacing AV Matrix with a MoIP system. I need to listen to music while watching tv (video signal only from the source) in the same zone. 

Video Endpoint is the TV
Video's Audio Endpoint is the AVR

Audio Endpoint is the AVR
Audio Volume is the AVR

13 minutes ago, JSTRONG said:

I think it  needs to be 2 separate rooms. One for music and one for tv. 
otherwise how would control4 know which volume to control?

We do this often here. We always turn on the TV, then the audio. In that process it controls the audio. I’d imagine if I hit watch, then TV (or whatever video source) it would then control the TV. The bigger hassle is when you want to turn just one of them off. 

1 hour ago, JSTRONG said:

Hi @JSTRONG

It works using the AV Matrix. I have tested and I'm able to listen to music while watching TV. Need to know whether it's possible to do the exact same thing with MoIP...

Surely if you just connected the analogue and digital coax outputs from the EA-5 directly into the AVR and then  use the HDMI output for OSD only then you don't need to worry about music sources being routed via he MOIP system.

You will also want to use some form of audio return from the TV in that zone back to the AVR so the audio for video sources can be listed to through AVR also. Alternatively you could use the HDMI loop out of each MOIP transmitter to feed each video source into the AVR too.

That way you can select a video source and get the audio and then when you select music it will stream from the EA-5 analogue or digital outputs into the AVR and video will remain onscreen.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/23/2020 at 12:33 PM, Crustyloafer said:

Surely if you just connected the analogue and digital coax outputs from the EA-5 directly into the AVR and then  use the HDMI output for OSD only then you don't need to worry about music sources being routed via he MOIP system.

You will also want to use some form of audio return from the TV in that zone back to the AVR so the audio for video sources can be listed to through AVR also. Alternatively you could use the HDMI loop out of each MOIP transmitter to feed each video source into the AVR too.

That way you can select a video source and get the audio and then when you select music it will stream from the EA-5 analogue or digital outputs into the AVR and video will remain onscreen.

Hey @Crustyloafer

I hope the method demonstrated in the following link (Image) would work as well?

http://s000.tinyupload.com/download.php?file_id=93104536377956638082&t=9310453637795663808266827

All video sources are getting connected to 'one connect' through HDMI. The one connect has a optical audio output which can be connected to the AVR's optical audio in. So if we connect the EA-3/EA-5's digital coax output to the AVR's digital coax in, should we worry about the OSD? 

Thanks...

1 hour ago, Dinushan Paranavithana said:

Hey @Crustyloafer

I hope the method demonstrated in the following link (Image) would work as well?

http://s000.tinyupload.com/download.php?file_id=93104536377956638082&t=9310453637795663808266827

All video sources are getting connected to 'one connect' through HDMI. The one connect has a optical audio output which can be connected to the AVR's optical audio in. So if we connect the EA-3/EA-5's digital coax output to the AVR's digital coax in, should we worry about the OSD? 

Thanks...

That would work just fine, I would still connect the HDMI output of the EA3/5 to the TV for the OSD and disable HDMI audio on the EA-3/5 so it would not attempt to route audio via HDMI. We do this all the time where we have an EA-5 back in the rack connected to an AMS8 for multi-room audio and then have an EA-1 behind each TV, I always make sure to disable HDMI audio on every EA-1 so it cannot try to stream audio via the TV.

10 minutes ago, Crustyloafer said:

That would work just fine, I would still connect the HDMI output of the EA3/5 to the TV for the OSD and disable HDMI audio on the EA-3/5 so it would not attempt to route audio via HDMI. We do this all the time where we have an EA-5 back in the rack connected to an AMS8 for multi-room audio and then have an EA-1 behind each TV, I always make sure to disable HDMI audio on every EA-1 so it cannot try to stream audio via the TV.

Thanks @Crustyloafer

Hi @sonic30101

Yes they are in the same room. All components show in the diagram are in the same room.

I'm not using a video matrix. I'll be using a MoIP to transmit video signals from central video sources. The MoIP Receiver is there for this purpose. Finally we should be able to do the following.

1) Listen to Music through speakers connected to the AVR.
2) Watch Video from all video sources and listen to video's audio through AVR.
3) Watch Video from all video sources and listen to music through AVR at the same time.

24 minutes ago, sonic30101 said:

Is the avr in the same room as the c4 controller? Do digital coax from the EA5 to the AVR and set the watch/listen for the video matrix feed to that HDMI input so it passes it through

Have a look at my new diagram

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/22/2020 at 6:09 PM, JSTRONG said:

We could select the source to be controlled from the navigator and adjust accordingly.

Just watch this video

@JSTRONG

Here's the link to endpoints of the room. This is using a Leaf Audio Video Matrix Switch and audio video receiver.

https://ibb.co/272BC7D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.