C4 Forums | Control4

When does Control4 release the Black and Decker Zigbee locks?

Yeah, they will actually be under the Kwikset, Baldwin and Weiser brands. The marketing PDFs on their website say "summer 2009", which is through Sept. typically. Look for more info after CEDIA, because as has been stated, we need 1.8+ (zigbee pro) to get them. I wouldnt be surprised if they become widely available until after 2.0.

What are some of the ways that you all are planning to use these locks in C4?

I can see a few uses:

Checking to see that the doors are locked while in the home (through a GUI) or when away through 4sight.

Unlocking or locking the door without actually walking up to it (through GUI).

What other uses are you all thinking of?

What are some of the ways that you all are planning to use these locks in C4?

I can see a few uses:

Checking to see that the doors are locked while in the home (through a GUI) or when away through 4sight.

Unlocking or locking the door without actually walking up to it (through GUI).

What other uses are you all thinking of?

Use the CA keychain remote to open door....

You can also do programming based on which user unlocked the door.

The locks support up to 30 user codes, with a corresponding user name, so you can program things like this:

(When door is unlocked with code)

If Lock->USER = 'Ryan' then

start playlist Ryan

end

If Lock->USER = 'Jane' then

start playlist Jane

end

etc...

You could also use door sensors, and when the door closes, tell the lock to lock, so it'll always be locked when the door is closed (or only during certain hours, etc.).

RyanE

You can also do programming based on which user unlocked the door.

The locks support up to 30 user codes, with a corresponding user name, so you can program things like this:

(When door is unlocked with code)

If Lock->USER = 'Ryan' then

start playlist Ryan

end

If Lock->USER = 'Jane' then

start playlist Jane

end

etc...

You could also use door sensors, and when the door closes, tell the lock to lock, so it'll always be locked when the door is closed (or only during certain hours, etc.).

RyanE

now this is quite a great addition of supported hardware. i am looking forward to this

also, with the integration of an alarm panel:

when system is armed:

lock all doors, etc.

That way, all you have to do is hit the arm button when you walk out, knowing all the doors will lock behind you.

Without door contacts it will have no way of knowing if the door is open or closed. It may send the command to lock the door while the door is wide open. We all know that wouldn't do any good.

I am really excited to get these door locks. This will be extremely useful at my house....I can on integrating three of them day one. Does anybody have any idea as to the cost? It looks like the current Kwikset Smart Code lock can be bought on Amazon for $112....any ideas as to how much more the zigbee will command? I am hoping it will be at or below $150, but since it is a product speaking to the home automation industry it wouldn't surprise me if it were $299.

Any educated insiders care to share?

I am really excited to get these door locks. This will be extremely useful at my house....I can on integrating three of them day one. Does anybody have any idea as to the cost? It looks like the current Kwikset Smart Code lock can be bought on Amazon for $112....any ideas as to how much more the zigbee will command? I am hoping it will be at or below $150, but since it is a product speaking to the home automation industry it wouldn't surprise me if it were $299.

Any educated insiders care to share?

We'll probably know more at CEDIA.

I got this very quick response after emailing them about antique nickel finish.

At launch, we will only have satin nickel.

We will be coming out with our contemporary line that will include a satin chrome.

But antique nickel is not a very popular finish for us for the electronics deadbolt.

Well, that kills my purchase dead in its tracks. I'll be damned if I will replace all the hardware in my house to make them match the zigbee door locks.

Wait...I don't want antique nickel...I want oil rubbed bronze.

*whew*

Lucky you, my wife is not about to let me change out all the hardware. Maybe I can talk her into having 6 doors being a different finish.....I'm doubting it. At least for others there will be more then the first 3 finishes to choose from when ever they decide to roll out the contemporary line.

Lucky you, my wife is not about to let me change out all the hardware. Maybe I can talk her into having 6 doors being a different finish.....I'm doubting it. At least for others there will be more then the first 3 finishes to choose from when ever they decide to roll out the contemporary line.

My wife wouldn't let me change it. Plus, those would end up being some damned expensive door locks. Once you replace the locks and they're different, you gotta do the knobs, then the hinges, then the towel rods and toilet paper holders, then the faucets....these could easily turn into $10k+ locks!

The stuff we have is brand new (about 2 years actually) and is still the current style, so hopefully they come out with a finish that matches mine.

Archived