C4 Forums | Control4

DSC and control4 integration

volsla

Hello Control4 PRO.

I need your help and guideline on the dsc panel (power series 1832) with CA1 controller through IT100 integration module.

So, i have installed the module into DSC panel and connected to the data keybus. According to it100 manual if green light is flashing steady 1.2 seconds (module is receiving and sending signals).

I am using DB9 to RJ45 adapter (from Amazon).

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07R5D174V/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I also added it100 driver to control4 system (on composer) and linked serial in/out port of ca1 to it100.

However, the status of the security on the control4 is offline.

I have checked the manual of the it100 and no additional enrolment has to be done (just connect keybus). No specific steps have been found on the control4 kowlegde base.

thanks in advance

PLEASE: help me and share youor experience and steps of the particular integration.

Haven't played with a ca-1 doubt they can flip rx/tx. Have you tried a null modem adapter? If not then that thing is totally the wrong pinout which it likely is. For the corresponding pins to line up and you will probably need a voltmeter and time to test pinouts and continuity 

23 minutes ago, sonic30101 said:

Haven't played with a ca-1 doubt they can flip rx/tx. Have you tried a null modem adapter? If not then that thing is totally the wrong pinout which it likely is. For the corresponding pins to line up and you will probably need a voltmeter and time to test pinouts and continuity 

thanks for the replay.

What is the null modem adapter?

I was thinking that all the adapters are standard no matter where you buy them... 

48 minutes ago, volsla said:

thanks for the replay.

What is the null modem adapter?

I was thinking that all the adapters are standard no matter where you buy them... 

Null modem db9 will flip pins 2 and 3 for receive and transmit.

To the other part, I wish they were standard. It sure would make my life a lot easier. 

You can change to null modem in composer. In system design, click on the CA-1, and select “enable null modem on serial port”.  Give that a try.

Also if you are on OS3.1, make sure you are using the newest IT-100 driver. Make sure you follow the steps in the driver documentation exactly. We implement this exact setup frequently.

57 minutes ago, lippavisual said:

Also, that amazon cable you purchased may not even work properly.

you need to look at the pin out for the CA1 RS232 port.  Guaranteed the pins aren’t lined up properly. 

its standard rj45 wiring so as long as the cable is not a cross over should be fine.

1 minute ago, Matt Lowe said:

its standard rj45 wiring so as long as the cable is not a cross over should be fine.

i am using standard rj45 patch cable but think that the problem. Will go to customer and change the cable in few days. Will see...

1 minute ago, volsla said:

i am using standard rj45 patch cable but think that the problem. Will go to customer and change the cable in few days. Will see...

likely can just enable the null modem on the ca1. but i dont rember if the it 100 is null or straight.

No it’s not standard and does not follow 568a/b. 

not only that, the cable that was purchased could be pinned out completely different.

easiest is to make your own, following the pinouts for the CA1.  Use a cat cable and rj45 one end (ca1) then purchase screw terminal DB9 connectors and make sure to follow what is tx/rx/ground. 

On 2/8/2020 at 7:51 PM, sonic30101 said:

Null modem db9 will flip pins 2 and 3 for receive and transmit.

To the other part, I wish they were standard. It sure would make my life a lot easier. 

Nostalgia! This post takes me back to 1989!

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.