C4 Forums | Control4

LEH-4091 DMX LED Light Engine

On 2/18/2020 at 9:02 PM, lippavisual said:

Haven't tried this particular unit, but should work the same as any other.

You would just be connecting Channels 1-4 for RGBW control.  Everything else wouldn't be compatible with the DMX Engine driver.  All color control, speeds, etc. would be created on the Engine.

Hi  @lippavisual

Have you tried anything for pool RGBW lighting?

Hi @Kevin L

I have tested the DMX driver + Engineering Solutions RS232 DMX box with Colorbeam lighting and American Lighting and they both work without any issue. 

However, I can't get the LEH-4091 to work. I'm not sure whether we need to do some additional configurations. If you know anything about this, please advise.

Thank you.

Hi @lippavisual & @Kevin L

It's working now. Earlier, I was using the DMX RGB Dimmer in composer, which has 3 sub channels to assign red, green and blue. I then enabled the RGBW management option and linked the additional DMX dimmer for the white channel. This worked well for American Lighting LED strips and Colorbeam recessed lights but not for this DMX engine (LEH-4091). Finally, I used individual DMX dimmers for the respective channels after finally getting the user manual from the manufacturer. We need to add an additional channel (Channel 6) for the dimmer to work. Otherwise It would not turn on. 

CH1:Red (256 level)
CH2:Green (256 level)
CH3:Blue (256 level)
CH4:White
CH5:Speed (256 level)

CH6:Dimmer (256 level)
CH7:Strobe/Program Speed
CH8:Preset Program

I'm sharing the datasheet for anyone interested.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/i3uf1rl0fjdpfvy/LEH-4091 DMX Datasheet.pdf?dl=0

5 hours ago, Dinushan Paranavithana said:

Hi @lippavisual & @Kevin L

It's working now. Earlier, I was using the DMX RGB Dimmer in composer, which has 3 sub channels to assign red, green and blue. I then enabled the RGBW management option and linked the additional DMX dimmer for the white channel. This worked well for American Lighting LED strips and Colorbeam recessed lights but not for this DMX engine (LEH-4091). Finally, I used individual DMX dimmers for the respective channels after finally getting the user manual from the manufacturer. We need to add an additional channel (Channel 6) for the dimmer to work. Otherwise It would not turn on. 

CH1:Red (256 level)
CH2:Green (256 level)
CH3:Blue (256 level)
CH4:White
CH5:Speed (256 level)

CH6:Dimmer (256 level)
CH7:Strobe/Program Speed
CH8:Preset Program

I'm sharing the datasheet for anyone interested.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/i3uf1rl0fjdpfvy/LEH-4091 DMX Datasheet.pdf?dl=0

You've done it right. I will add that you can enable the "Real" master channel from the RGB Dimmer and it will allow you to use the Channel 6 as a master dimmer, so it will turn it on automatically when you play with the RGB slider, it will also use it for brightness control instead of trying to simulated the brightness using the RGB channel, that work much  better. Also the ColorChanger and Effect switch both support light fixture with brightness channel natively.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.