C4 Forums | Control4

Wakeup / Goodnight Agent time variable?

DLite

Question

13 answers to this question

I'd like the audio endpoints to read out the currently set wakeup time -- via the Chowmain Advanced Announcements driver.  The goal is to add that to the "goodnight" sequences in each bedroom.  E.g., hitting the "bedtime" button results in the announcement, "Your alarm is set for XX tomorrow."  Any other ideas are most welcome.

Thanks

5 hours ago, DLite said:

Hi,

Is there any way to program against the current wakeup time that is set in a room for the Wakeup / Goodnight agent?  I haven't been able to find a system variable that contains it.  Is there some way of extracting that value?

Thanks

not aware of any variable specifically. You can check the agents tab and look at the variables. You can turn on system variables and that will show you ever single variable in the system.

Yes, quite true. Our family really likes the UI for the wakeup/goodnight button though, and an experience button wouldn't be quite as nicely done.  I'd probably rather live without the announcement feature just to keep that interface.  Anyway, the announcement feature isn't critical -- maybe I was just aiming for the gee-whiz factor.

7 hours ago, DLite said:

Yes, quite true. Our family really likes the UI for the wakeup/goodnight button though, and an experience button wouldn't be quite as nicely done.  I'd probably rather live without the announcement feature just to keep that interface.  Anyway, the announcement feature isn't critical -- maybe I was just aiming for the gee-whiz factor.

you could still use the wake up interface to setup music and lights or what ever.

you will just simply use the experience button to toggle the times. Does mean you have to do both but yes you will get that wow factor!

alternatively can send an email to control4 as a feature request and add that the agent have a system variable added for it.

5 minutes ago, DLite said:

Yes, true.  I could play around with that and see how it goes over with the kids.  Maybe the coolness will help.

Thanks!

if you have alexa or google could also try setting up a routine that will active it at a certain time. but that will take some serious tinkering.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.