C4 Forums | Control4

Wireless question for AN-700-AP-O-AC

4 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

is anyone else missing the signal strength option on the advanced --> wireless options?

Just spoke with Tech Support the other day about another issue and was told that they cannot turn down the power on an outdoor AP. They have to be left at 100% and not able to be turned down due to the FCC?? No idea why, but that is what they said. Their solution if it is stepping on other AP's and causing problems is to paint it with a thin coat of outdoor paint and that will effictively kill some of the power!

Just spoke with Tech Support the other day about another issue and was told that they cannot turn down the power on an outdoor AP. They have to be left at 100% and not able to be turned down due to the FCC?? No idea why, but that is what they said. Their solution if it is stepping on other AP's and causing problems is to paint it with a thin coat of outdoor paint and that will effictively kill some of the power!
Wow. Ok

yup its true, i was told the same thing about not being able to adjust the power, had to move the wap pretty far away from the clients house so it wouldnt bleed into the house. it is directional. but it still shoots a pretty strong signal behind it making adjusting roaming tough. i like using araknis waps, but we avoid using the outdoor wap

Timely thread as I’ve been looking at an outdoor WAP for our pool area. We have all Araknis network gear so sounds like I should look at a different WAP than the 700. Is Ruckus the most recommended and if so what model?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 hours ago, jebt2921 said:

Timely thread as I’ve been looking at an outdoor WAP for our pool area. We have all Araknis network gear so sounds like I should look at a different WAP than the 700. Is Ruckus the most recommended and if so what model?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you can use a regular wap outdoors, as long as you can place it in a location it will not ever  get wet, i have put them in plastic waterproof boxes, and they still perform extremely well, otherwise ive used the pakedge outdoor wap, and the clients that really low budget, an ubiquity ac-pro. or stick it up in the soffit also

On 5/11/2020 at 5:00 PM, Rbeard said:

This is absurd.  FCC would want them to be able to control power output.

Only requirements that I know FCC requires is the wireless signal is within its proper frequency range and if near other RF sources (like traffic controllers, airports), the wap radio must drop its signal if it sees interference on its channel.

This is absurd.  FCC would want them to be able to control power output.
Only requirements that I know FCC requires is the wireless signal is within its proper frequency range and if near other RF sources (like traffic controllers, airports), the wap radio must drop its signal if it sees interference on its channel.
I have a feeling you can via ssh just not web ui

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.