C4 Forums | Control4

Pool

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What I've heard from my dealer is that C4 is significantly improving pool integration in an upcoming release. I was going to wait and see what that is like before pursuing the independent driver route. Early Feb in Toronto is not exactly pool weather anyway ;)

It seems March is coming - and it's time to start thinking about pool configuration.

Do u mean release 2.1 of Control4 system? Can u ask your dealer for more information about it ;) ?

All I know is that pool control is going to be in 2.1. Whether its going to be better than it was (which wouldn't be hard) is the other question. I think 2.0 broke it, so that was the main reason. I could be wrong on that though...

2.0 didn't "break" pool control, just the 2.0 version of the Flash Navigator did not have pages for pool control.

Pool control on the QT Navigators works in 2.0, the same as it did previously. If you were using Mini-Touch devices or the V1 wireless touchpanel, or the on-screen of a MC or HTC, Pool control still worked.

2.1 will add the pool control pages into the Flash Navigator, I believe.

RyanE

Hey, I'm not really complaining- I got a package that mainly works for me. All I was pointing to was the fact that pools are common and people seem to want to spend to control them. Yet, it's always talked about here in some unfinished tone.

• 3 months later...
I guess I am lucky that my dealer did some investigation before I bought my pool equipment. I went with a Hayward/Goldline pool controller with two options. One is controlled by the internet and the other is a serial interface they have for AMX which I have been writing code on my PC to control it. I hope that one day I can work with my dealer and build a driver for it once I have the PC program for it done, but in the mean time I can just Remote Desktop my PC and do it all. I agree with the fact that all of us, as consumers, see a driver listed for a product have a certain expectation that the product will integrate to a level that Control4 bases its system on. I know Control4 doesn't write all of these drivers, but maybe there should be something that tells us of its functionality before we spend lots of money with high expectations on third party products.

I have the Hayward/Goldline Pro Logic pool controller and Control4 Home Automation. I would like to control some (and if possible all) of the pool functions through Control4. After searching several sites, you seem to be the only one with both Control4 and a Hayward pool system. Were you able to successfully integrate your Hayward device with Control4? If so, could you please send me the codes or program for doing so. I greatly appreciate any and all your assistance with same. Thank you.

Shags7

I re-read this thread from the beginning. As a summary (in order to see if it has been fixed), the jandy and pentair controllers allow you to control various functions of the pool through touchscreens and 6buttons which has now been updated/fixed in 2.1 to work with all GUI devices essentially.

The initial gripe with the drivers though was that the state of the various devices was not 2 way and so the system could not know when a light or pump was on or off which did not allow programming.

Has that issue been fixed in 2.1?

Thanks

bdo

I re-read this thread from the beginning. As a summary (in order to see if it has been fixed), the jandy and pentair controllers allow you to control various functions of the pool through touchscreens and 6buttons which has now been updated/fixed in 2.1 to work with all GUI devices essentially.

The initial gripe with the drivers though was that the state of the various devices was not 2 way and so the system could not know when a light or pump was on or off which did not allow programming.

Has that issue been fixed in 2.1?

Thanks

bdo

Yes, you can see the status of the devices that are on/off now from the GUI (at least with the Pentair driver)

• 10 months later...

What degree of control do you need? In my pool I use a C4 switch to control the light. My heat is supplied by a heat exchanger which is a zone on my condensing boiler controlled by a C4 thermostat with the optional external probe inserted into the heat exchanger heat well. Pool control for a few hundred $ and integrates perfectly...

Has anyone written another driver for pentair pool control and do you need the I-link adapter.

Archived