C4 Forums | Control4

Updated iOS app August locks not working

Just saw a few new things with the new iOS app - looks like it was updated yesterday or today.

I have the free August lock driver and it was working fine before the update. Now I’m not getting lock status showing and the locks are not responding to any commands via the app. 

Since I’m new to this - recommend a reset/reboot of the system? If so, what’s the best practice for doing that?

Thanks!

I just got my new August lock integrated last week, and it still works fine on the latest C4 app. One thing I do notice is the history tab never shows lock/unlock history. Should it? It only shows the last status. 

One thing that doesn’t work for me in the C4 app is the August lock history. Shouldn’t this show list of lock events over time?  For me it just shows the last lock event. Ari even just installed the most up to date driver for me, and no luck. 

2 hours ago, dinom said:

One thing that doesn’t work for me in the C4 app is the August lock history. Shouldn’t this show list of lock events over time?  For me it just shows the last lock event. Ari even just installed the most up to date driver for me, and no luck. 

Where are you expecting to see the history info in C4?  I didn’t even know that was an option

I see a similar screen. Are you saying we are supposed to see an August lock activity screen if we tap on the icon?  If so, I don’t see any history either (though it’s not clear if we should)

I see the claim in the driver ad but don’t see how that’s done.  The lock item with the history screen isn’t the August driver, it’s the generic door lock relay.  If you press it, it should toggle the state of the August lock from lock to unlock or vice versa.  The ‘history” part is just the date/time of the last state change, not the list of August lock activities.

If you are supposed to see the actual August activity history (which would be great) I have no idea where you do that and there is no information on that in the Cinegration Install doc (I have driver version 2001)

2 minutes ago, chopedogg88 said:

In order to get to that detailed history screen you would need to press and hold on the lock and then select manage lock, which takes you into the user management and history screen that you see in their screenshots on the driver web page.

Very cool.  Never knew that was there.  I can see my August history.

I probably missed it because it doesn’t seem to work on the iOS ap, just on a real T3.

Wow, that seems to work (mostly) but not at all intuitive 😄

When I say mostly working, I can see the history with user name and lock or unlock, but the time stamp is blank. I think I need a navigator refresh to my system as the internet went down a bit ago, and I’m not at home right now. Even last state is not showing properly. 

18 minutes ago, dinom said:

not at all intuitive 😄

x1000.

It would be a lot more useful if there were events that fired when an August activity was logged and you could trigger programming based on who (what user) locked or unlocked the door or whatever activity happened.

Rebooting my EA-3 has things working fine again. Still not seeing time stamps on the history page of IOS app. Do you see the same jfh?  For now, I’m not going to worry about it. 

Also, supposedly you can integrate the DoorSense feature of August into C4. Will it then show if the door is opened or closed too?

I have this driver as well and noticed that it will display the August lock activity in the C4 iOS app, but only if I lock/unlock via the C4 app. It doesn't seem to register the activity if you change the state of the lock via the August app or via programming. As @jfh said, the little trick Ari mentioned doesn't seem to work in the iOS app and I don't have a T3, but it does work on my PC using Bluestacks. So I'm guessing it works in Android phone apps as well...just not iOS. 

Interesting, the “trick” works for me in the iOS app, but it just doesn’t show the time stamp, only the lock/unlock activity. Without the time stamp, it’s not really useful. I’ll just use the August app for that. 

6 hours ago, dinom said:

Rebooting my EA-3 has things working fine again. Still not seeing time stamps on the history page of IOS app. Do you see the same jfh?  For now, I’m not going to worry about it. 

Also, supposedly you can integrate the DoorSense feature of August into C4. Will it then show if the door is opened or closed too?

I see the timestamp on the history page of iOS.

Cant speak to DoorSense because I didn’t install it.  I have a regular contact sensor on the door.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.