C4 Forums | Control4

T3 Component Updates?

msgreenf

On 8/15/2020 at 2:28 PM, South Africa C4 user said:

I’m confused! Some of the new Neeo features seem to have been rolled back?

The room being selectable from the top bar remains but the lights and shades enhancements are gone from my Neeo... admittedly, I have rebooted my system in the interim... Even the “What’s New” write up has changed to remove the lights / shades enhancement...

Weird!

Have you installed any filtering on your network before it stopped working?

For example, a PiHole or other filtering?

Some filters block split.io, which is a service Control4 uses to manage feature flags, which can turn on / off features that are either in beta, or recently released.

I'd verify that you have whitelisted or otherwise not blocked split.io.

https://help.split.io/hc/en-us/articles/360006954331-How-do-I-whitelist-Split-to-work-in-my-environment-

Once you've verified that you're not blocking split.io, restart your controller, and/or wait a while, and it should show up.

RyanE

1 hour ago, RyanE said:

Some filters block split.io, which is a service Control4 uses to manage feature flags, which can turn on / off features that are either in beta, or recently released.

https://help.split.io/hc/en-us/articles/360006954331-How-do-I-whitelist-Split-to-work-in-my-environment-

Once you've verified that you're not blocking split.io, restart your controller, and/or wait a while, and it should show up.

RyanE

Thanks @RyanE - I have definitely not installed a filter of any sort.  I also have also not blocked any sites.  It is possible (I guess, even if unlikely) that my internet service provider blocked them.  I hope not!

It appears to me that the feature vanished when I rebooted my controller on Sunday.  I think that Component updates are scheduled to happen on a Thursday on my system (from memory of a schedule that is not mine in my list of scheduled events!).  I guess the features will re-appear then.  If not, I will try rebooting Director and if that does not work, I’ll dig deeper!

Thanks again!

On 8/17/2020 at 5:08 PM, RyanE said:

RyanE

Two interesting things:

1. The lighting filters on my Neeo has returned (probably because I rebooted my director again)..

2. More worryingly, 1 of my 4 T3 screens has been hanging saying that it is upgrading for the last few hours.  I assume that it is it trying to do a component update. I am going to reboot the T3 shortly... Hope this does not result in a need for a truck roll.

57 minutes ago, South Africa C4 user said:

Two interesting things:

1. The lighting filters on my Neeo has returned (probably because I rebooted my director again)..

2. More worryingly, 1 of my 4 T3 screens has been hanging saying that it is updating for the last few hours.  I assume that it is it trying to do a component update. I am going to reboot the T3 shortly... Hope this does not result in a need for a truck roll.

Sadly, my one T3 appears to have been bricked by the pushed update and I am going to need to call my dealer in.  Hope this doesn’t happen too often as it will quickly becomes expensive!  I’m also hoping my other 3 Touchscreens have updated and are not going to brick themselves over the next 24 / 48 hours!  Even more worried about the 5 Touchscreens at my holiday home as I am not there at present to see what is happening 🙈

2 hours ago, South Africa C4 user said:

Sadly, my one T3 appears to have been bricked by the pushed update and I am going to need to call my dealer in.  

OMG.  Hope that the T3 isn’t bricked and can be recovered.

Can these updates be disabled?  Or do you get them no matter what if you are on 3.1.3?

OMG.  Hope that the T3 isn’t bricked and can be recovered.
Can these updates be disabled?  Or do you get them no matter what if you are on 3.1.3?

You can disable them in the scheduler tab

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, South Africa C4 user said:

Sadly, my one T3 appears to have been bricked by the pushed update and I am going to need to call my dealer in.  Hope this doesn’t happen too often as it will quickly becomes expensive!  I’m also hoping my other 3 Touchscreens have updated and are not going to brick themselves over the next 24 / 48 hours!  Even more worried about the 5 Touchscreens at my holiday home as I am not there at present to see what is happening 🙈

T3 is a brick with a nice C4 logo in the middle of the screen. Dealer will come out this afternoon...

On 8/15/2020 at 4:28 PM, South Africa C4 user said:

I’m confused! Some of the new Neeo features seem to have been rolled back?

The room being selectable from the top bar remains but the lights and shades enhancements are gone from my Neeo... admittedly, I have rebooted my system in the interim... Even the “What’s New” write up has changed to remove the lights / shades enhancement...

Weird!

I have the same issue with the Neeo.  (Lost filter settings) I have rebooted my controller, and my lighting filters still haven't shown back up.  Did you have to do anything else to get them to reappear?  Did you have to wait a while?

13 hours ago, South Africa C4 user said:

T3 is a brick with a nice C4 logo in the middle of the screen. Dealer will come out this afternoon...

And to end this story... it took my dealer a mere 10 minutes to fix the problem.  He used a paperclip and Held a button down at the same time as putting the paperclip in a hole... hey presto, factory reset (I assume) and the T3 booted back up.  I had to reset a few things - screen savers, favourites and return home settings.  Now all is good!

2 minutes ago, shupp872 said:

I have the same issue with the Neeo.  (Lost filter settings) I have rebooted my controller, and my lighting filters still haven't shown back up.  Did you have to do anything else to get them to reappear?  Did you have to wait a while?

I waited a few days and did another Director reboot.  I am honestly not sure which fixed the problem but the filter settings have been back since then...

1 hour ago, South Africa C4 user said:

And to end this story... it took my dealer a mere 10 minutes to fix the problem.  He used a paperclip and Held a button down at the same time as putting the paperclip in a hole... hey presto, factory reset (I assume) and the T3 booted back up.  I had to reset a few things - screen savers, favourites and return home settings.  Now all is good!

A paper clip is a key tool for any smart home these days ...

Glad to hear your T3 is fine.  

7 hours ago, South Africa C4 user said:

I have not yet looked to see if I can identify the different holes. Hopefully I never need to do this again!

+1

I hope the difference is obvious, but also that I never need to know.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/1/2020 at 12:34 PM, msgreenf said:

Does anyone know what the new version should show?

Chatted to my dealer today and he said that, as far as he knows, there is a Hardware Revision number (currently 1) that appears in the Touchscreen driver in System Design,  I have not had time to look and see if this appears in HE (monitoring).  He did also say that this is an assumption that he is making based on the fact he had not see that entry before... There could also be broken telephone in my description, so take this post with a large pinch of salt!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.