C4 Forums | Control4

EA Web Interface Gone?

Hi,

Recently had an upgrade to latest OS3 version after a visit from my dealer (3.1.3 I think).

Previously I used to be able to use a browser to connect to the IP address of my EA5 or EA1's and login using the non secret password where you can see the status of the controllers / touch screens etc.

In particular, if I needed to shut down or reboot any of the EA's gracefully (eg for work on mains circuits) I could do this here, however since the upgrade, the EA's seem to only show a page regarding open source licenses being used by the EA units.

Where's the old status / reboot page gone?

Thanks
Barry

Lots of electrical work going on requiring shutting down of the electricity supply.  Not always required because of problems with the system.  Not a fan of just pulling the plugs on computers.

Besides, why should I have to wait for a dealer to be able to reboot a device if it's not behaving???

Any chance you can help with the question rather than redirecting?

On 8/19/2020 at 12:19 AM, GadgetBazza said:

Lots of electrical work going on requiring shutting down of the electricity supply.  Not always required because of problems with the system.  Not a fan of just pulling the plugs on computers.

Besides, why should I have to wait for a dealer to be able to reboot a device if it's not behaving???

Any chance you can help with the question rather than redirecting?

If you want to reboot your controller; ask your dealer to add an experience button and use Free Reboot Controller driver, this will allow u to do it from C4 UI.

Lots of director reboot and controller reboot drivers out there... but no shut down drivers that I am aware of.

I must say that I have no idea what the difference is between a director reboot and a controller reboot when pointing at the primary controller.  I also am not sure which one should do when rebooting for good reason!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.