C4 Forums | Control4

Lutron HomeWorks QS driver issues

I have Lutron shades, lights, and fans integrated into my C4 system. Everything has been great with the exception of these two things.

Control4 does not know the state of the fan after it is turned on. (Video below)

Control4 seems to miscommunicate with the Lutron driver when controlling the shades. (Video below)

If anyone could help me solve these issues I would greatly appreciate it!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/MGvnc3Cx87dzdJGf6

Wow I finally found someone else with the same problem I have with my Lutron shades. I have RadioRA 2, but the same issue where when you close the shades fully from C4 environment, you then have have to press the open button TWICE from seeTouch keypad. 

Do you have the Lutron app too?  For me, when I close the shades from C4, the Lutron app still continues to show the previous shade level (fully open for example).  I’m convinced now this is a bug with the C4 integration or driver, not a Lutron issue.  Never had a problem when these were integrated with an RTI system. 

1 hour ago, dinom said:

Wow I finally found someone else with the same problem I have with my Lutron shades. I have RadioRA 2, but the same issue where when you close the shades fully from C4 environment, you then have have to press the open button TWICE from seeTouch keypad. 

Do you have the Lutron app too?  For me, when I close the shades from C4, the Lutron app still continues to show the previous shade level (fully open for example).  I’m convinced now this is a bug with the C4 integration or driver, not a Lutron issue.  Never had a problem when these were integrated with an RTI system. 

Who do you think we should contact to fix the bug?

If anyone else has any information on this please help us out!

I already worked with Lutron and they pretty much determined it was a Cotrol4 issue. 

I’m hoping that now I’m not the only one experiencing this, someone from C4 (Ryan?) will see this and help get the right folks involved. I already spoke with my C4 dealer, and he didn’t have any ideas. 

3 minutes ago, dinom said:

I already worked with Lutron and they pretty much determined it was a Cotrol4 issue. 

I’m hoping that now I’m not the only one experiencing this, someone from C4 (Ryan?) will see this and help get the right folks involved. I already spoke with my C4 dealer, and he didn’t have any ideas. 

I hope so! Lets keep at it and hopefully someone will be able to help us.

Also, how long have you had this issue?  Did you just get your shades installed recently?

Also, do you use the Lutron app at all?  If so, when you close the shades fully in C4 does it not show correct shade level in the app?  Just wondering if the symptoms are the same as mine. 

1 hour ago, dinom said:

Also, how long have you had this issue?  Did you just get your shades installed recently?

Also, do you use the Lutron app at all?  If so, when you close the shades fully in C4 does it not show correct shade level in the app?  Just wondering if the symptoms are the same as mine. 

I have had this issue since the day I got my Control4 system set up (about two years now).

I do not use it but I do have the Lutron Connect app. When I close the shades fully in C4 it does not show the correct shade level in the Lutron app (so same symptoms as you). When I click the lutron button on my wall the lutron app realizes the state for the shade but then I have to click the button another time for the shade to actually do anything. 

Based on the driver information, Control4 was the creator of the Lutron drivers, not Lutron itself. So Control4 used the published API and created their own drivers. So I think C4 is on the hook to fix this, if we can convince them there is a bug. 

• 2 months later...

Please help us find a solution. I believe the best thing to do is make Control4 aware of the issue so they could fix it. Mention it to your dealer and show him this post. I’ve already tried going through my dealer. If there’s anything I could do to help let me know.

IMHO I don’t think Lutron/Control4 are supporting the homeworks / homeworks QS Driver anymore.... 

Ever since the new LEAP protocol came out with the QSX processor they have moved to that now. 

with shades I know it’s pain, I need to try the third party driver for the shades see how it goes (not had the chance to do so yet + I don’t have Lutron shades in my home). If anyone would like me to install it for them so they can get try it out / be a test subject. I’d be more than happy to help. 

Thanks 

Muj 

There is not much out there that I can find regarding this Leap driver documentation and how it works. I have a QS system. I'd be happy to update to a QSX if it gives me the ability to have accurate scene mapping and integration into my C4 and Lutron system.

Would this give the ability to properly mimic Lutron QS keypads with scene control. In almost all of my jobs the main top button in every room is the main lighting scene for the room, followed by individual control below. Getting C4 to recognize those keypad button w scene control has been a pain. Individual button control is no problem. 

3 hours ago, Rob21 said:

How would one upgraded from QS  to QSX?  Is Control4 and QSX a better match than C4 and QS?

this requires a new OSX processor to replace the Homeworks QS processor (Most expensive component of lutron system)

22 hours ago, timmypop said:

There is not much out there that I can find regarding this Leap driver documentation and how it works. I have a QS system. I'd be happy to update to a QSX if it gives me the ability to have accurate scene mapping and integration into my C4 and Lutron system.

Would this give the ability to properly mimic Lutron QS keypads with scene control. In almost all of my jobs the main top button in every room is the main lighting scene for the room, followed by individual control below. Getting C4 to recognize those keypad button w scene control has been a pain. Individual button control is no problem. 

Most of the documentation is in the driver, you'd need to replace your current homeworks processor with the new QSX processor.

In terms of mimicking scene buttons, i know it can be programmed if you'll get scene feedback, that's something i'm not sure about, not had a chance to test one out yet as in the UK we've only just got the QSX processor. There is also a keypad driver available. Again i've not tried it yet, so i can't comment. 

What i currently do is create a scene inside c4, add my loads, press. the lutron keypad button and on c4 press the get light levels button. This works really well as when you execute a scene from c4 the lutron keypad LED also lights up OR You can create blank lighting scenes and in programming add a press and release commands, this is good as if you ever change anything on the lutron side you won't have to re do c4, ad you're just mimicking a button press. 

Here's a screenshot of drivers available

p.png?fv_content=true&size_mode=5

Thanks 

Muj 

• 4 months later...

I have this issue as well. I have Lutron shades and while Lutron generally controls them, C4 has a role when closing some shades (happy to explain why if helpful). If C4 closes the shade, the Lutron keypad requires a double press on the open button to open the shades again. It doesn’t sound like anyone has a solution to this issue? Thanks

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.