C4 Forums | Control4

Media Player Details anybody?

Ryan so does that mean a C4 media player cannot function as a standalone media player.. ie someone without control 4 cannot buy it and just use it for that purpose? Seems like that would have been a good way to start getting people interested in the brand...

Ryan so does that mean a C4 media player cannot function as a standalone media player.. ie someone without control 4 cannot buy it and just use it for that purpose? Seems like that would have been a good way to start getting people interested in the brand...

The C4 Media Player is not a stand alone unit and requires a C4 system to function.

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't really see any in the pic, but does the Media Player have IR out? Wondering if I can use this behind the TV to serve as a Navigator as well for on-screen control?

Can the current HC300 play video files if a USB/NAS is accessible or is that 2.0 functionality? If I have three TV's, would I need three Media Players or could I use the HC300 on one of those three TV's?

preferably all audio formats but i know that's not going to happen. wma pro is unlikely but if it can pass thru to receiver that would work. as for mkv, ability to pass thru dts or dolby digital would be great.

thx

tum

Ah...what's the point of this thing playing just audio, if from what I can make out on the Codemans's posted picture there is no digital audio out. I'm not even sure if it has RCA stereo out. Just composite/component and HDMI....from what I can see! So you can't plug it into a better DAC, or a stereo power amp. Unless you have an HDMI surround receiver in every room, or want to play audio through the crappy speakers of your TV, it's seems very limited...

So looks to me like it's primarily designed for video distribution..

Is this correct..?

• 2 weeks later...

Wasnt this supposed to be released in Sept? Any word on how long the delay might be... I am really considering getting a WD Live TV, for $119 it plays everything I need it to, the firmware is opensource so maybe someone here could make a 2-way driver, or at least a way to get coverart and use IR for control?

Archived