C4 Forums | Control4

SR-250 to Director- Come in Please...

actually i would try removing to batteries and just using a wire with no power short to neg to positice inside which should discharge any electronics and reset

i know working on a can "c" network sometimes having an issue with controls not communicating this is how we hard reset

^Ok, second SR-250 is now in this mode. So, at this rate, same time Sun I'll have no controllers except the 7" in-wall. Sweet.

Sounds like you need to invest in several more in-walls :D

If you need somewhere to send those SR-250's, let me know. I may have a home for them :lol:

We had the same message, and disconnect of the SR250 at our display center, part way through a demo no less. A check of the HC1000 showed Director was no longer running. Only thing that brought back the remote, and everything else, was a re-boot of the controller. A quick fix but never found out exactly what caused the problem. We have not upgraded to 1.8, still on 1.7.3, as we use a mini-remote to trigger demo features like the "water in basement" announcement, etc. and the mini-remote is not supported in 1.8.

I will make note though that I had always had problems with my SR250 randomly loosing connection to the controller at my home. I did the 1.7.3.68 upgrade this past week. I watched as the SR250 upgraded to 1.7.3.68, and displayed the progress status on the LCD screen. Now when I go into config/info to see the firmware version on the remote, it is displayed. Previously it did not display the firmware version?? I can only think that when I installed and upgraded the controller to 1.7.3.20 the remote while it connected may have not gotten the upgrade and been on a lower firmware version.

"waiting for network" replaced the "Control4" message when the remote was looking for a director. It was part of the last 2 beta releases and included as the new standard message in .68

Kinda threw me off the first time I saw it too!

• 3 weeks later...

I have a SR250 that loses its connection every few days. However, if I take the batteries out and put them back in it reconnects, so I doubt whether Director has anything to do with the problem. So it sounds like my problem is a little different to Controlfouruserguy but the same symptoms. I also get the same message as Controlfouruserguy.

Any ideas anyone?

Your firmware version on the SR250 should match the version of Director you run. i.e. 1.7.3.68 Director .. firmware on SR250 should be 1.7.3.68

That's not true, actually. For example, I'm running a beta version of 1.8 at home. The firmware of my SR250 is 03.01.54 - not every director update includes firmware updates for all devices.

Thanks for the correction codeman... in the case of 1.7.3.68 it did include a firmware update for the SR250.. so I guess I was sorta kinda correct in this case :rolleyes:

Well yes, but if anyone was looking for the remote's firmware to match the director firmware, they would have a hard time getting there ;)

It has been mentioned that the cause could be down to the battery!

ie. I believe a Duracell battery is 1/64" shorter than a 'standard' AAA battery. Someone has recommended useing EverReady with a black label. It hasl also been mentioned that 1.8 or later might also help.

^Thanks, I know that and I don't believe the battery issue is what is causing my problems. I have no intentions of paying to upgrade to 1.8 either.

Please, I'm not looking to help myself on any of these common problems- that's the job of my dealer and it should be yours too. It has been mentioned that this is a dealer-installed and supported product :)

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if relevant to anyone elses problems, but I just had an instance where I was trying to use the SR250 to control the DVR in my living room. No matter what button I pushed.. nothing happened. Hitting the list button took me to the default/config menus list. It was like the remote just checked out.

REASON.... my girlfriend was on the phone in the same room and it is a 2.4ghz phone. Tested it several times after she got off her call, with similar results depending on what channel the phone picked to operate on. Some channels affected the remote and some didn't.

Just an F.Y.I.

Not sure if relevant to anyone elses problems, but I just had an instance where I was trying to use the SR250 to control the DVR in my living room. No matter what button I pushed.. nothing happened. Hitting the list button took me to the default/config menus list. It was like the remote just checked out.

REASON.... my girlfriend was on the phone in the same room and it is a 2.4ghz phone. Tested it several times after she got off her call, with similar results depending on what channel the phone picked to operate on. Some channels affected the remote and some didn't.

Just an F.Y.I.

Tell your girlfriend long distance is expensive. ;)

Yeah, 2.4 GHz phones, baby monitors, Wireless 2.4GHz Video all wreak havoc with ZigBee, and to a lesser extent, WiFi.

I would get rid of any 2.4GHz equipment.

RyanE

This is precisely why all my phones are now 5.8. No more problems now.

Archived