C4 Forums | Control4

SR-250 to Director- Come in Please...

All great tips, er, except for that not allowed to talk on the phone it's too expensive thing. :lol:

This was the first I had really experienced it as I just installed the HC300 in the living room a couple weeks back. Rest of the system is in the bar/tv lounge area. Still use a corded phone down there behind the bar.

Trip to da phone store today I guess !!

ZigBee *does* co-exist on the 2.4 GHz spectrum, with Wi-Fi. Both Wi-Fi and ZigBee keep their transmissions relatively short, and within a particular part of the 2.4 GHz spectrum.

2.4 GHz phones and other offending gear does not. They aren't packet transmissions, they're analog over the 2.4 GHz spectrum. Because they're not digital packets, they tend to just transmit across the entire band, and dump over whatever other traffic is there. They also don't frequency hop, and they don't tend to limit their signal strength, they just kill whatever's in the path.

RyanE

I don't think this relate to the 2.4Ghz stuff...

My 250 remote work but the display is now only showing certain things and doesn't get updated with the room info. For example if I hit the red Control4 button it will bring up Navigator on the TV and the buttons will "navigate" all the onscreen menus fine. If I choose "Main TV" it will switch to that TV and everything will work BUT the remote's display won't say "Main TV" like it used to. The upper left button won't bring up the House, Location, Lights... menu, only the remote's menu (Brightness, Battery...) It's as if the remote didn't make the connection with the room yet but it obviously has.

I've taken the batteries out overnight but replacing them didn't help. Same situation - everything works but the it appears not to update with the room stuff. Clock starts at 12:00 and then keeps time but it never get the REAL time or room list.

Any suggestions? Does the remote need to be replaced?

My 250 remote work but the display is now only showing certain things and doesn't get updated with the room info. For example if I hit the red Control4 button it will bring up Navigator on the TV and the buttons will "navigate" all the onscreen menus fine. If I choose "Main TV" it will switch to that TV and everything will work BUT the remote's display won't say "Main TV" like it used to. The upper left button won't bring up the House, Location, Lights... menu, only the remote's menu (Brightness, Battery...) It's as if the remote didn't make the connection with the room yet but it obviously has.

I've taken the batteries out overnight but replacing them didn't help. Same situation - everything works but the it appears not to update with the room stuff. Clock starts at 12:00 and then keeps time but it never get the REAL time or room list.

Now that is something I haven't seen before.

Never fear, I am sure someone here will have a suggestion for you.

Have your dealer come out and reidentify the remote before you decide to replace it. It could be that some of the zigbee packets are getting dropped off of the network. That would explain why you can still send but not recieve. Are you on the far end of the house, away from the controller?

this could help you:

1. Remove a battery from the Control4 Remote.

2. Hold the 0 and the red "4" button and place the battery back.

3. The colored buttons under the red 4 will then go bright and dim. (Let go of the 0 and 4)

4. Wait until this process has finished and you should see a normal LCD. (Could take up to 10-15 minutes)

this could help you:

3. The colored buttons under the red 4 will then go bright and dim. (Let go of the 0 and 4)

4. Wait until this process has finished and you should see a normal LCD. (Could take up to 10-15 minutes)

Thanks for the tip but it didn't work.

• 1 month later...
this could help you:

im having the same issue it wont find it?!

this could help you:

im having the same issue it wont find it?!

I'm not trying to discourage you in a sense, but you should really talk to the guys that sent you to sales training and provided you with the equipment. You're asking setup questions that they should have taken care of for you, and won't be answered here on the end user's forum.

i got a hold of my dealer but when im at work its hard to be on my computer isnt the meaning of his Forum to "help" "troubleshoot" ?

Yes, for end users. Dealers have a dealer forum used for dealer questions such as setup. The reason you're not getting more help here is because most of the people on this aren't dealers and therefore don't do initial system setup and installation.

Sorry.

Archived