C4 Forums | Control4

Spotify VS Amazon music ?

Hi All,

I am thiking of moving away from apple music so I can get better integration into my control4 system.

Any advice on Spotify VS Amazon Music ? (im in Canada and found that Amazon is now supported).

I would like to be able to browse directly on the control4 app and not have to add songs in the Amazon app to then be able to find it in control4..not sure if spotify allows direct browsing...

Thanks in advance.

You might want to also consider Tidal.  There is a good deal on Best Buy US that is only for Americans but you can register from Canada with a simple VPN from your browser - I did this and I am in Canada as well.

Tidal and Amazon do allow you to pick songs directly from the C4 UI so you can do everything in one app.  But I am not a fan of the UI.

With Spotify you use the Spotify app to start playing your music and then select a device to playback within the app.  If you set things up correctly in the C4 driver the music will start playing in C4 without needing to go into the C4 app unless you want to add additional rooms to playback, etc.  Personally I find the Spotify UI is WAY better than the C4 UI, but that may depend on how you find the music that you want.

edit - here is the thread on using the BestBuy deal from Canada

Not to hijack the thread, but it is relevant.  Has anyone noticed that sometimes the Tidal playback on C4 gets wonky?  I’ve noticed that sometimes a song will playback twice or music will stop playing. This happens predominantly when I’ve selected to shuffle playback.

I have been using Tidal for a couple of months but I keep going back to Spotify on a regular basis.  I find it much easier to find the music that I want in Spotify and I prefer the curated music on Spotify, like the Daily Mixes it makes for me. I find that the Playlists that Tidal has in areas like Rock are not what I want.  Maybe I am stuck in the past and it is wanting to expose me to new artists.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.