C4 Forums | Control4

Alexa Entertainment Experience Upgrade

rolldog

Question

After relinking my C4 acct back with Alexa after some minor issues, I saw this document titled "Alexa Entertainment Experience Upgrade," which looks like it converts all the zones/rooms into volume control for those zones/rooms. I have no idea when this was released, probably a long time ago, but whenever I login on the C4 website and go to Voice Control, I don't see this Upgrade button next to the Rooms section. All my rooms are still rooms, and I've always wondered what the purpose of this was for as it has conflicts with the naming of Alexa devices in those rooms. If I'm reading this correctly, after selecting the upgrade button above the Room section in Voice Control, it converts all the individual rooms to volume control. Does anyone have their system setup like this? All my rooms are still listed as rooms, no volume control, and I don't see this upgrade button as shown in this documentation. Does something else need to be done before showing this or is it possible all my rooms are currently set for volume control but don't have "volume" next to each individual room?

https://www.control4.com/docs/product/alexa/setup-guide/english/latest/alexa-setup-guide-rev-a.pdf 

4 answers to this question

This “upgrade” happened a couple of years back (2018 from memory but may have been 2019 - definitely before COVID).  I don’t recall the upgrade process and suspect that everything should just be there after relinking or reinstalling.

Easiest way to check is to look at what voice commands are available under view voice commands.  You should see volume related commands there… I must say, I thought I would use this a lot but in reality, I don’t use voice for volume control more than 3 or 4 times a year…

I have not played around with Alexa skills for a while, but would like to,
Any reason why my 'my home' account says this? :

"We did not detect support for voice control in your Control4 system. Voice control requires linking your Control4 system to a voice provider, such as Amazon Alexa."

My Alexa app is currently working with C4 devices and the account says it is linked.
Why can't I see the options on the C4 website??

6 hours ago, brucecampbell said:

I have not played around with Alexa skills for a while, but would like to,
Any reason why my 'my home' account says this? :

"We did not detect support for voice control in your Control4 system. Voice control requires linking your Control4 system to a voice provider, such as Amazon Alexa."

My Alexa app is currently working with C4 devices and the account says it is linked.
Why can't I see the options on the C4 website??

You have an active 4site account?

On 7/16/2021 at 12:03 AM, eggzlot said:

You have an active 4site account?

Yes, I got it all sorted thank to help on  here.

The Alexa skill has been locked down to geographical area.
I had to change my account to USA and then I could add the skill and re-link my account.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.