C4 Forums | Control4

Adding music from a ripped CD

fdastoor

I want to rip some CD's that I own and add the music to an QNAP NAS that is part of the system. What is the best way to do this? I have Media Composer.

Thru Windows Media Player?

What does the 'ADD' button on the Media Composer do and how should it be used?

I have composer version 2.10.2

6 hours ago, fdastoor said:

How do I get the files on to the NAS.

Would highly recommend you become familiar with Linux/GNU principles and commands if you're going to have and use a NAS. Also familiarize yourself with mounting network drives in Windows and your life using Windows with a NAS will become much easier. 

QNAP should also have some support documentation to help you tackle this.

6 hours ago, fdastoor said:

I know how to rip the CD. I do it in Windows Media Player.

Would also recommend that unless you've added some plugins, you don't use WMP to rip CDs if you care about quality. You'll likely want to rip to FLAC as it's going to be better quality than mp3 and the same quality as WAV, but a smaller footprint with lossless compression. 

Not a Windows user (Linux and Mac) outside a VM to run Composer HE, but I believe programs like VLC and Exact Audio Copy still can handle the task on Windows just fine. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.