C4 Forums | Control4

Bluesound "Join" command

I'm looking to recreate one of my favorite multiroom audio features with Bluesound, but I'm not sure it's possible. I'd like to be able to tap a keypad button and have the local Bluesound player "join" whatever is playing in another room. I'm suspecting "Network Audio" might accomplish this, but it doesn't seem to work. Does anyone have any experience programming Bluesound that might be able to offer some insight?

I do this with sessions (using the Room Control driver).  If I double tap the "Music" button on a room's keypad and music is playing in the adjacent room, the room joins the session that has music already playing.  We use this feature *every* day.  Happy to post programming screenshots when I get home this afternoon.

11 hours ago, zaphod said:

That would be great - thanks.  

Here you go.  This is programming for the "Music" button in my master bedroom:

image.png.9ba67acabc5eff796033a4e3467f944a.png

If an audio source is playing in "Living" (which is adjacent to my master bedroom), I can double-tap the "Music" button and my master bedroom will join the "Living" session.

The same goes for my Kitchen and Master Bath.

So - it requires a bit of programming to handle your adjacent rooms, but it works very well and we use it every day.  Again, this requires that you use the "Room Control" driver - but I don't see why you wouldn't want to use it anyways.  It makes life so much easier.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.